• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow Contamination Noz Check

Kootchy

I have a strange problem with yellow contamination, have a look at the nozzle check and the what should be solid Y; its driving me nuts as I've done quite a few strong cleans and nothing any advice would be welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_20200124_135130.jpg
    IMG_20200124_135130.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20200124_134238.jpg
    IMG_20200124_134238.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 160

heyskull

That yellow nozzle check does not look healthy.
Check that the pump is pulling through properly as the small outlet pipes below the cap can block especially at the small double connector.
Possibly the cap top is touching the printhead which causes wicking and cross contaminates the prints.
Personally I try to change the complete cleaning station once a year as they wear and just changing caps, wipers and other parts doesn't help sometimes.

SC

heyskull

Looking further all your nozzles do not look that well (of the ones I can see).
The biggest issue and major factor I see on these printers is lack of use.
If not used they tend to block up and you loose nozzles a lot more easily.

SC

Kootchy

The nozzles are acting somewhat random as one check and they all look ok apart from yellow then another test and some drop out.

I'm not sure why there are black dots in the yellow and from the look of them are quite uniform along the yellow.

Not sure how to soak the head like I would with a mimaki.

I have heard about using clothes are these the type of cloth I need https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/...r-dustfree-wipes-10x10-100-pcs-scpcp0032.html ? And do I cut them to size

Joe House

When was the last time you replaced your maintenance station. If it's been more than a year, that's the place to start. As Heyskull said, the pump could be going and/or the cap top could be swollen and causing ink to wick across channels.
Even if you soak your head, without a competent maintenance station, you won't be able to clean the head effectively and even if you could, you're likely to cross contaminate the head again.
One more thought, have you manually checked the ink levels in your yellow cartridge? If it's low and the black is nearly full, this pressure difference can cause the ink to migrate over - but the cap top would be playing a part here as well. Having balanced cartridge levels may alleviate the problem long enough for you to get a job or two out though.

Good Luck

Kootchy

When was the last time you replaced your maintenance station. If it's been more than a year, that's the place to start. As Heyskull said, the pump could be going and/or the cap top could be swollen and causing ink to wick across channels.
Even if you soak your head, without a competent maintenance station, you won't be able to clean the head effectively and even if you could, you're likely to cross contaminate the head again.
One more thought, have you manually checked the ink levels in your yellow cartridge? If it's low and the black is nearly full, this pressure difference can cause the ink to migrate over - but the cap top would be playing a part here as well. Having balanced cartridge levels may alleviate the problem long enough for you to get a job or two out though.

Good Luck

New maintenance station ordered should be with me today or tomorrow, never installed one before so that should be fun, ink carts are all level.

I've done a few more strong cleans all all nozzle are good apart from the yellow, although they are all there there are still the uniformed black dots, is there a way to do a nozzle wash like you can with a mimaki or even is there a way to look at the bottom of the printhead without having to remove it as I feel I would end up not putting it back in (printer is a vj1304)