• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow cutting out!!! HELP!!!!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I have a Roland CJ-500 converted to eco-sol, with bulk carts.

Last december I had the yellow start cutting out on me. it would get fainter and fainter, then just quits. one cleaning cycle and it back to noraml.

I replaced the head, capping station & pump & bulk cart.

still did it. i can print about 20 SQ FT before it happens, but it slowly loses the yellow after about 15 SQ FT.

one day i came in and i had a vacuum problem and all the ink from all six carts ended up in the waste bottle.

i left the machine sit since then.

last week i figured it was time to get the beast up and running. i cleaned it out, rebuilt the pump, it was clogged - replaced capping station

started printing, it was fine ~ as long as i don't print yellow!

the yellow does the same thing.

i can print all day anything without yellow and the color bar stays strong - the yellow is 100%, but if i print anything that has yellow, it loses out.

one more thing, i checked the main line for air leaks by removing the end from the damper and the end from the cart. intake by putting air into the line to check for leaks, it was solid.

any clues???

I would look at replacing the damper, as you did not mention replacing it previously. A partially clogged damper could cause symptoms you are seeing.