• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow Ink won't fire!

ncastrellon

Hi there all.

Here's the crisis..... I performed a nozzle wash on my JV3-160 on monday and after a few hard cleanings, I did a test draw and the yellow head printed green… obviously a cross-contamination with the Cyan head. I used a syringe to sucked out the contaminated ink and now the yellow head won't fire at all! I've replaced the damper, performed several Fill-Up Ink cycles, and did a few disway washed and no luck! I do not have a cleaning cart for this machine so that's out of the question for now. Anyone have a remedy for this?

*UPDATE* - Now the Cyan head won't print. What else is gonna go wrong?

Last edited:

M@CK

ncastrellon I got the same problem today.
The yellow head wont fire !
And my caping station is brand new and adjusted.
O well need a new print head !

Jack Knight1979

I just went through about a week of bad printing. Try lowering your tanks to about 34-35". standard height is 36, but when winter hits the atmos. pressure changes and you may need to drop. I changed dampers, and a head and all it was tank height.

APC Tech NE

You can get this head primed again by attaching a syringe to the hose coming from the center cap. Draw on the syringe until you see ink in the syringe or hear an air leak coming from the center cap. replace cap and/or check carriage height and capping alignment if you do hear air leaking.