Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow not printing

Discussion in 'Roland' started by SignStudent, May 30, 2012.

1. SignStudent

SignStudent Member

Jun 12, 2010
    TN
    I have a Roland Versacamm 540i and was using Bordeaux ink. The yellow went empty while in the middle of printing and instead of stopping and warning me like normal it kept printing. Ever since then I can't get it to print more than a couple inches of yellow at a time.

I've used a syringe to pull ink through the lines so there is no air in the lines. I've switched to OEM inks. I've run a cleaning cycle with cleaning solution. I've replace the cap tops. Not sure what else to do at this point. Any ideas?

Tags:
  2. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    New head?

3. the graphics co

the graphics co Active Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Gurnee, IL
    call a tech to come out and diagnose and solve the problem. It will cost a few bucks extra, but it will be fixed and up and running.

4. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    Dampers

Try the dampers, not sure what else it could be.

5. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    start with a damper swap. see if the yellow dampers flow to the adjacent channel/manifold. if they quit coming from a different channel, then you have a supply issue. if the yellow prints at the new channel, they you have a yellow head/damper issue. do that first and get back with us. btw. it's doubtful a tech will do a damper swap. why? because it doesn't cost anything.

6. Sooner Printing

Sooner Printing Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Maybe air in the lines from running out of ink?

7. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yep, swap dampers.

Also, when pulling ink through with a syringe, disconnect the line before the damper, and pull the ink very quickly. I've seen air bubbles stay trapped with a slow pull.

8. SignStudent

SignStudent Member

Jun 12, 2010
    TN
    The issue seems to be resolved. I pulled more ink through the lines again and it's printing fine. I'm thinking either there was something somehow wrong with the ink cartridge or (more likely) I just never got all the air out. I must have done like 5 cleanings and pulled out about 25-30 ml of ink though. Thanks for the help!