• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow Pages United scam alert to those of you that advertise in the YellowPages

binki

Yeah, we get these every year. We don't advertise in the yp so we know it is a scam. we also got something about our trademark and I almost sent the money in until I looked more closely at it.

My favorite one is actually a legit company that contracts with the phone company but they are sleaze balls. They come in and say there is a problem in the area and they need our permission to work on our line and then add services to our phone contract. I got one guy fired for doing that. A few months later another of these slimeballs comes in and I et him know how the last guy got fired. He decided to leave.

SD&F

I get invoices in the mail regularly, fortunately I read all the fine print and it explains itself. I just got a check in the mail for $49,750.00 to help fund my business...clever.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yeah the bogus yellow page directories one has been around a long time. We get at least one fax a month and probably 2 - 3 of the mailed peices a year.

Usually they are from a company "Open Business Directory" which ultimately lead you to Yellow-Page-USA.com, open-business-directory.com, yellow-pages-america.com...

I have quite a few because I save all the junk faxes in hopes of maybe one day their being useful in litigation against junk faxers.

jayhawksigns

Haven't seen this one, but we have been getting more of the renew your domain name letters. If I didn't request it when something comes in the mail, it most generally ends up in the trash.