• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow starts dropping out after a foot of printing: VS-640

player

A cheap mechanic's stethoscope might help you locate the air leak.

attachment.php

Attachments

• HiRes1.jpg
    HiRes1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 150

IsItFasst

The good news: after replacing the cap-top, 9 dampers and now the head I, finally found the pressure leak. I decided to take off the cap top I replaced a few weeks ago (when things started going bad) just to make sure the lines were on the bottom nice and tight. Well there are 3 holes in the cap top...so when you hook 2 lines to them all you are doing is pulling air through that third hole. I don't have my old cap top so not sure how it's supposed to look but I know that should be sealed off (common sense and looking through various pictures online). So I put a cap over that third hole and it magically started pulling ink. Not sure if anyone has a cap top laying around that they can post pictures of what it is supposed to look like but all the spares I have also have that third hole.

The bad new is, it STILL won't do a test print. It looks like the carriage board is fried (visually) so at least I can see where the problem is. This could have something to do with the air leak as I noticed that the print head was half full of ink when I pulled the dampers out. So the ink was flowing everywhere including the circuit boards attached to the head. So on to the next part....

IsItFasst

Both the small fuses on the main board were out so I replaced them. As soon as I turn on the machine they blow. Decided to unplug the cables from the head to make sure it wasn't the head or the cables and it still blows them both as soon as I turn it on. So I would assume this eliminates the head, cables or carriage board from being the culprit. The main board is kind of hard to see all of it without taking the machine apart but there doesn't appear to be any ink or a bolt on the board. So should I just assume the board is bad at this point?