Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellows are dark

Discussion in 'Member Shout Out' started by Excel, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Excel

Excel New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Florida
    HP25500 prints great but the yellows are dark had this once before cleaned the heads over and over and but can't get them back.

Having new Aerosol fan fitted in a couple of days as i get an error, is this the problem?

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Don't really know your answer, but you might wanna contact the admins here and get this thread into a more proper fit. :rock-n-roll:

3. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Those guys always come through!

4. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Very unlikely that the aerosol fan is directly related to this.

The L25500 prints Y/K ink from the same head (x two printheads) as I recall. What are you seeing when you run the Printhead Test Print (on the printer's control panel: Ink Menu > Image Quality Maintenance > Clean Printheads > Test Print)? If you are seeing cross contamination between the two channels (black in the yellow channel or vice versa), run one or more cleanings (for those heads only) to attempt to clear it up. It may take a couple of cleaning cycles, but it can generally be resolved in this manner. The worst-case scenario is replacement of the head (a consumable), which takes about 10 minutes to complete, including the alignment calibration routine.

Paul

5. Excel

Excel New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks

Not a forum guy, I answer a few questions but not sure how it all works.

but thanks i will see if there is a topic that suits better.

6. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Didn't they lose to the All Blacks in the championships last year?

7. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Yeah I hate it when that happens.. my wife being a Kiwi and all.

8. Excel

Excel New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks Paul

Only reason i suspected something more sinister is that I replaced both heads recently and they are both cross contaminated.