• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellows are dark

Excel

HP25500 prints great but the yellows are dark had this once before cleaned the heads over and over and but can't get them back.

Having new Aerosol fan fitted in a couple of days as i get an error, is this the problem?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't really know your answer, but you might wanna contact the admins here and get this thread into a more proper fit. :rock-n-roll:

HP25500 prints great but the yellows are dark had this once before cleaned the heads over and over and but can't get them back.

Having new Aerosol fan fitted in a couple of days as i get an error, is this the problem?

Very unlikely that the aerosol fan is directly related to this.

The L25500 prints Y/K ink from the same head (x two printheads) as I recall. What are you seeing when you run the Printhead Test Print (on the printer's control panel: Ink Menu > Image Quality Maintenance > Clean Printheads > Test Print)? If you are seeing cross contamination between the two channels (black in the yellow channel or vice versa), run one or more cleanings (for those heads only) to attempt to clear it up. It may take a couple of cleaning cycles, but it can generally be resolved in this manner. The worst-case scenario is replacement of the head (a consumable), which takes about 10 minutes to complete, including the alignment calibration routine.

Paul

Excel

Thanks

Not a forum guy, I answer a few questions but not sure how it all works.

but thanks i will see if there is a topic that suits better.

Don't really know your answer, but you might wanna contact the admins here and get this thread into a more proper fit. :rock-n-roll:

Excel

Thanks Paul

Only reason i suspected something more sinister is that I replaced both heads recently and they are both cross contaminated.

Very unlikely that the aerosol fan is directly related to this.

The L25500 prints Y/K ink from two printheads as I recall. What are you seeing when you run the Printhead Test Print (on the printer's control panel: Ink Menu > Image Quality Maintenance > Clean Printheads > Test Print)? If you are seeing cross contamination between the two channels (black in the yellow channel or vice versa), run one or more cleanings (for those heads only) to attempt to clear it up. It may take a couple of cleaning cycles, but it can generally be resolved in this manner. The worst-case scenario is replacement of the head (a consumable), which takes about 10 minutes to complete, including the alignment calibration routine.

Paul