• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yep, I think I need a new MotherBoard

Brands Imaging

So I have been having problems over the past month with my PC and Printer communicating. Initially it started with typical USB problems with basic troubleshooting. The problem kept on happening and i switched computers and tried several other things. Hours and hours with Tech support from 2-3 different companies...new PC, new 2.0 USB, driver update, firmware update, reinstall USB drivers....everything.

The only thing I am left with is a bad motherboard. My rasterlink stopped working 100% then all the way to Flexi not working at all either (in terms of transferring the data for printing). The ultimate thing here is that the 2 wont communicate. My cutter and flash drives all communicate with the PC just fine.

My question is...does anyone want to talk my out of the motherboard purchase? Also, has anyone done a motherboard swap on thier own? or on the phone with tech support??

Brands Imaging

I really doubt your motherboard has anything to do with your issues . . .

What else could it be? The reality is.....My Printer is not connecting with my computer. Its dropping the signal. I have spent hours with tech support regarding drivers, firmware and software...what else could it be?

BEST case senario is that the USB Port on the printer (which is welded to the MB) is bad and will have to be repaired.

Any other suggestions?

Brands Imaging

Someone repairs them on here, a new merchant member out of GA. Call him.

nice guy, I called him...1500 for a new MB, didnt ask him about the repair...I could probably solder a new one on myself or take it to a computer shop.

has anyone had MB or USB issues that was a problem on the printer side???

Brands Imaging

Update

OKAY....

so the update is that I uninstalled the Mimaki Drivers out of the device manager of my PC.

I plugged the printer USB cable back into my tower and let the drivers reinstall themslves

to get the "new hardware found" message...

did a test print...GOT IT BACK ON.....

so now.....I have been down this rod before and I know it wont stay...

I just dont think its a drver issue cause this keeps happening and I have to switch USB ports everytime

to get the new hadware message.....to you think the connectivity issue is back and forth so many times that it somehow corrups the driver????

Brands Imaging

Have you (FLASHED) updated firmware for your motherboard, especially your USB Controllers ?

what do yo mean by "flashed"??

i am confused are you talking about replacing the motherboard in your printer or computer? what kind of printer is it?

infinite...i have ready your posts in the past...i felt (feel) your pain...

I'm talking about the motherboard in my Mimaki JV-33

Case

this shouldn't matter, but the latest firmware for the jv33 is 4.0............what version is yours at?

also, is the black metal holder attached around your usb port on your jv33, the metal piece with 2 screws the usb cord plugs in to? I have seen people that haven't had this on and the usb cable gets hit or bumped and breaks the solid connection that it has on the mainboard...........it is integrated on the mainboard on a jv33 which you already have stated and know..........on a jv3 , the firewire is plugged into the mainboard..........

The only thing I could think of would be loose connections on the mainboard.............is there settings in your computer to shutdown ports or allow any sleep mode on ports? Or do you have screen savers, anitvirus software, etc? I'm just throwing things out there..........Obviously, I know you have went through a great amount of troubleshooting things...........Just trying to help narrow it down............

Case

Brands Imaging

this shouldn't matter, but the latest firmware for the jv33 is 4.0............what version is yours at?

I believe that I'm at 2.2, i thought that was the latest for the JV-33

also, is the black metal holder attached around your usb port on your jv33, the metal piece with 2 screws the usb cord plugs in to? I have seen people that haven't had this on and the usb cable gets hit or bumped and breaks the solid connection that it has on the mainboard...........it is integrated on the mainboard on a jv33 which you already have stated and know..........on a jv3 , the firewire is plugged into the mainboard..........

I dont have many employees and I'm the only one who manages the printer, also the black housing is still on and i'm 99.9% sure that its never been bumped...although, that doesnt mean that its not bad.

The only thing I could think of would be loose connections on the mainboard.............is there settings in your computer to shutdown ports or allow any sleep mode on ports? Or do you have screen savers, anitvirus software, etc? I'm just throwing things out there..........Obviously, I know you have went through a great amount of troubleshooting things...........Just trying to help narrow it down............

i believe that i com,mented on this earlier...i disabled a USB port on my PC - the enables it and plugges my printer back in and it worked....but I have been down this road before....