• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yet another JV3-130SPII "HELP ME THREAD"......

xboxhacker

So we will start with a little back story on my printer and me :)

I bought this printer form a guy on craigslist for $500 with extras...thought i did ok.

The machine had a Error 7 (----**--) The first thing did was to try a data swap. No good. Then i tired a extra head that came with it. No good. The machine came with an extra mother board. I have been repairing electronic for a long time. So I got out some test equipment and tested the spare board. Turn out that one the transistors was shorted out. I proceeded to remove the board in the machine, put it on the bench, and it had the same bad transistor. After replacing the transistor, i put the board back in. Fired it up.... NO ERRORS!!

So now that I have no errors, i tired to do a test draw. Nothing printed. Then i did some head cleaning. Disway, Custody and nozzle. Still wont print. One of the heads i know for a fact is not clogged, because i put it in a ultrasonic cleaner, and pushed cleaner through it. That head wont print either.

Here is where i need some help.... what can i try next???

Few thing already done:
-Dampers are all full
-drain lines are all clear
-pumps sucking from cups
-has ink (MM near empty)

Someone else said to check the encoder ribbon, and clean it (without solvent) It seems to be "ok" but i have not base line for comparison. There are a few small scratches, but not where the test draw prints (they are on the opposite end).

Thanks in advance!! :)

DirtyD

Try disconnecting the capping station from the pump and use a syringe to pump ink through the heads that way? If you don't get ink to come through than the capping station might not be sealed good enough and/or the pump is faulty..the pumps are loud.. at least on mine.. If it does pull ink then I got nothing else.

So have the head carriage ontop of the cap station, have a syringe hooked to the tubes from the cap station instead of the pump and slowly pull on the syringe to get ink to flow

rjssigns

Try disconnecting the capping station from the pump and use a syringe to pump ink through the heads that way? If you don't get ink to come through than the capping station might not be sealed good enough and/or the pump is faulty..the pumps are loud.. at least on mine.. If it does pull ink then I got nothing else.

So have the head carriage ontop of the cap station, have a syringe hooked to the tubes from the cap station instead of the pump and slowly pull on the syringe to get ink to flow

Your post jumped ahead of mine. No harm I just find it odd.

xboxhacker

Did you take a syringe, hook it to the drain line(s) and pull ink through the cap tops.

Yes, took a syringe to the cap drain lines. I WAS able to pull ink. Also, i can see the caps drain when i did a disway.

xboxhacker

here is something i forgot to mention.... LOL

After getting the MB running, and after trying the first test draw, i did a few custody cleans. About 5 mins each, did about 3. Tried a test draw. The black started printing. Only about 20%. Nothing else printed. So i thought i would do another custody clean. When it was done i got a Error 7 (-----*--). So i took a different head and put it in that spot. When i turned on the machine the error went to (----**--).....So i pulled the MB and put another transistor in the same one from earlier. Put MB back in, used the old head, and now no error again. LOL!!!

So now i did a few more cleanings. I got a error 7 (**********). DOH!!!!! I turned off the machine. Waited a few mins, turned it back on. No error again. :banghead:

and here we are.........

xboxhacker

you might want to change all the cable ribbon from the slider board.

Good call!!! I went back and double checked the ribbons on the MB. I reseated them.

NOW WE ARE PRINTING!!!

BUT......yellow and cyan seem to be printing alllllll the time. Check out the image.

They both a spitting out ink as it leaves the home position....and all the way back.

UPDATE: Re-seated the head ribbons. Now the yellow streak is gone! But still got one line of cyan. Also lots of missing on the test print, but one problem at a time LOL!!!

Thanks for the input guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20150116_204948.jpg
    IMG_20150116_204948.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 74

artbot

constant printing can be a cable issue but it can also be a blown head (possibly channel on the slider board). you are a bit green with the printer tech stuff to be doing a data swap. but, if it were my printer, that's what i'd be doing. you can search the site for "data swap" to see many discussions about how this can isolate if a channel or head is blown. also just trading cables from one head to a different head can point out if a cable itself is bad. if the ends are frayed, you can carefully trim them with some nice sharp scissors to clean up the ends.

xboxhacker

you are a bit green with the printer tech stuff to be doing a data swap.

With this printer, yes. With electronics, no. I have been working with board level design/manufacturing/repair for almost 20 years. Including SMD and BGA repair.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! It only cost $500 :Big Laugh

Turns out one pin in the data cable had bent back over itself. Took a exacto knife and straightened it out. Working now. But I will save some future pain, and get all new cables. Still need to flush the rest of the heads.

artbot

i might suggest you get a set of the super long mutoh cables instead of the very tight mimaki cables. the mimaki ones don't give any room to move check dampers and such.

xboxhacker

i might suggest you get a set of the super long mutoh cables instead of the very tight mimaki cables. the mimaki ones don't give any room to move check dampers and such.

I was just searching digikey for some! LOL

Your right, no room at all.