Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yet another new guy... from Central PA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bshertzer, Jan 30, 2005.

1. bshertzer

bshertzer New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Hello all,

I came across this site today in sheer and udder confustification. Here's a little backgound.

I work for a Corporate Property Developer in Central Pennsylvania. I do all of the inhouse architectural drafting and design work. New buildings, remodels of existing buildings, additions, tenant space fit outs, that sort of thing.

We have/had a person inhouse that did all of our signage layouts, and recently i have been asked to take that over.

I'm an Autocad guy thru and thru, this whole "grapics thing" is all new to me. I'm sure i will have tons of questions along the way.

Some of the programs i have in my arsenal are
    Autocad 2004
    Corel Grapics Suite 12
    Gerber Omega 1.56
    Adobe Acrobat

Thanks in advance!!

Brian

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Welcome to Signs 101 Brian.

I read and responded to your other post and would like to recommend to you that you upgrade your Omega software to the current version 2.1. One of the ongoing improvements in software is import and export filters. You may find the upgrade results in a little less problems for you.

3. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Hi Brian, after reading your first post, a 24" cutter would be a great investment.

George

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

WELCOME, from a western pa(originally) to another pa guy..GO EAGLES!!!!!!! damn steelers let me down....

5. TC49010

TC49010 Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    :Welcome: from MI !!!
    TC

6. Imakesigns

Imakesigns Member

Jan 9, 2005
    INDIANA
    Welcome from California!

7. HSG

HSG Guest

Welcome from another Central PA person!

HSG

8. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    hello from Seattle!

9. jimdes

jimdes Active Member

Dec 10, 2003
    "Bula vinaka" that's Hello in Fijian (Fiji). Right now it's 9 degrees and Northern Maine so I like to say a little hello in a warm voice. Welcome.