Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another New Guy

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Conor Knoxx, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Conor Knoxx

Conor Knoxx Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Gananoque, ON
    Well, I've been reading like a book-worm for some time here, and I must agree, the amount of "real-world" advice and information available is absolutely staggering! Heh.. while I'm new to the sign business, I'm not new to "business" and when your only source of info is sales reps... well... leaves a fella a bit skeptical :rolleyes:

There's lots of questions I thought of posting, and I'm sure when I look hard enough, I'll find the answers to many already here :biggrin:

So, for today I thought I'd just introduce myself and move from "lurker" status to participant!

Name: "Conor Knoxx" - ok, not my real name :tongue: I do some (ahem - well... my wife would say "a lot" of..) online gaming, and this has become pretty much my "pen name" on most of those forums, so I just figured, for lack of a more creative idea "why not"...

Business - technically speaking, I'm in a computer retailer / service in small town, Ontario Canada :Canada 2: . Vinyl graphics/lettering/signs/ have been a bit of side-line / passing interest for my partner and I for just over a year now. More than a hobby, but not much more... we only produced cut vinyls and have a basic 36inch cutter.

Some recent changes in our market have prompted us to jump in "whole-hog / both feet"! :biggrin: While it has only been a few weeks, the results have been very encouraging! The learning curve has been steep, but we're surviving, and really having fun with it too!

So... this is my official "hello" to all, and I hope to post intelligent questions soon enough. Who knows, someday I might even be able to offer someone help :tongue: Meantime, I'll continue reading with enthusiasm!

:signs101: :U Rock: :thankyou:

:Coffee:

Tags:
  2. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Welcome Conor from the Pacific Northwest! Lots of good stuff here.

3. Sign_Boy

Sign_Boy Major Contributor

May 18, 2007
    USA
    Welcome from NJ

4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Welcome Aboard!

5. vinylbarry

vinylbarry Active Member

Jun 6, 2006
    :Welcome: to :signs101: from Ky
    Barry

6. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Welcome Aboard!

7. maddmd

maddmd Member

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Welcome from NJ and yes this is one great place to learn and also help others from time to time.:Welcome:

8. jru8000

jru8000 Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Hello conor

9. D&Tgraphics

D&Tgraphics Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Lockport, NY
    Welcome from NY

10. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Welcome !

11. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Welcome Aboard!

12. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    You may have read the good, the bad and the ugly here..but really it's all good. We're all growing here..so caustic remarks should be viewed as somone else learning. Whereabouts in Ontario?
    Born and raised in Ottawa myself.
    Cheers!
    Ken

13. gvgraphics

gvgraphics Very Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Welcome from Pa.

14. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Howdee from VA................

15. Conor Knoxx

Conor Knoxx Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Gananoque, ON
    Thanks Ken!

first, yep, I did come across some rather "heated" discussions in a few spots, but no worries. Folks just get passionate about their topic sometimes, and often, when you sift through the "feelings" there's some really great info / lessons to be learned there :thumb:

For the other part, LOL... I was born in Ottawa myself, though only lived there about 2 years. Now reside / work in a small town just outside of Kingston Ontario.

16. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

Welcome from Skokie, IL :thumb: