Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yikes... hurry up spring

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Caitlin, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

Jan 4, 2013
    So it's been snowing for a couple days now, with a fairly nasty blizzard yesterday, and now this morning there was a water main break that has knocked out about half the north end of the city. Some streets are flooded and the rest are covered in snow and ice. Oddly, we have water and the restaurant across the street from us has none.

Now one of our clients says they have a boil water advisory on at their shop and it took him ten minutes just to turn out of his parking lot, being in the heart of this mess. Mail just showed up about two hours late and traffic is still completely blocked.

To think we had hints of spring melting just last week. :banghead::banghead:

(Why do I live here??)

Tags:
  2. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    eek, I thought we had it bad.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    See....... if y'all drank whiskey, you wouldn't have to boil your water. :bushmill: Pre-boiled just for that certain emergency you weren't expecting.........

GINO.gif

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

really strange...........i had a dream last nite i was on somekinda cruise with people from all over, and i started a conversation in my dream with this couple........ and she told me they was from Saskatchewan!!!!!!!!! 1st post i read, was yours!!! hahahahahahaha.
    this whats happing in my backyard with the ruby red grapefruit, navel orange, satuma, sunburst tangirine))))

Attached Files:

5. sardocs

sardocs Active Member

Jun 17, 2005
    pender harbour bc
    Here on the Wet Coast I forget that in some parts of Canada it actually snows in the winter....

6. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

Jan 4, 2013
    I wish I had fruit trees growing in my yard here :rolleyes:

And yep, we get tons of snow out here. The snow piled up on my dad's front lawn is taller than I am.

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    That sounds like where I SHOULD live. This grey non white winter BLOWS GOATS!

8. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Its 95 today in AZ... I wish it were snowing, because 95 means that in a month it will be 110.

9. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

Jan 4, 2013
    That sounds uncomfortably hot. My dad and step-mom just left Arizona yesterday after a month down there. They will be in for a rude awakening when they get back here. :Big Laugh