• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yikes......................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I had the pleasure of going out on this wonderful day to do some survey pictures and measurements for a company from out of town. Everything went hunky-dory and as I was coming back to the shop, I passed through a school zone, right as all the kids are getting out. Kids, buses….. everywhere.

Anyway, there are two schools in this zone. One is kindergarten through 6th and the other is 7th grade though 9th grade. So, I imagine no one much over about 14 or 15 years old. Amazing how grownup kids look today. I saw one boy, looked to be about 11 with his arm wrapped around his girlfriend while he stuffed his tongue down her throat, while crossing at the walk in front of me and the crossing guard. Yuck-O.

Later up the street I saw kids smoking and carrying on and again the oldest looked to be about 12. Girls and boys alike….. smoking.

Further up the road, there was this group of kids with these two kids comparing tattoos. I mean, they had tats up and down their arms, down to the wrist and whatnot. Remember, I’m moving at a crawl because of the zone and all the kid activity and constant stopping to let kids cross.

Guess I’m just getting old. I have nothing against tattoos, but at 13 years old ?? That just sounds a little overboard. Oh, the other thing was….. I can’t believe how many colors of hair there are today. When I was in school there was blond, red, black, brown and colors in between. Good grief, I saw greens, not just one, but several shades of green on different heads, oranges of all values, reds, purples, black, white, two tone, three tone, quintuple tone, shaved, spiky, covering their faces, just on one side…….

What an eye opening experience… driving by a young kids school when they let out. I think I’m more afraid of them then they are of grown-ups. Hey little girl, wanna buy some candy……. ??​

Mosh

Not like that here in Nebraska...my wife teaches 5th grade, the kids are pretty normal.
At the High School there are some wild hair colors though...

Baz

Colored hair does not bother me ... What bothers me is the stupid idiots who wear their pants below the cheeks. Good God man do they look like imbecils.

Also ... Me and my friends were getting drunk and high in parks starting at age 13 (1982). So not much has changed ... Just more colors available.

John Butto

Gino, you are lucky you were not shot at, it would have completed your hat-trick. You need to get out more. This has been going on for awhile.

cajun312

There are several small towns in this area that will write tickets if your pants are so low your butt crack is showing. The NAACP protested with cries of racism. They planned to protest in Ville Platte.........but canceled it when they found out it was a black mayor and black city council that approved the ordinance and a black police chief who would enforce the law lol took the wind right out of the NAACP's sails

http://www.katc.com/news/residents-reminded-saggy-pants-and-loud-music-are-against-the-law/

SignManiac

Ha Gino, you just described me at that age, minus the tats. We grow out of it eventually. Well a little bit anyway...

Dakotagrafx

funny pants sagging story - was walking thru the prison yard with a new sargent as we came up behind a prisoner with his pants sagged. Without missing a beat the new sgt. said " hey how much to hit that?" prisoner said "what?" sgt. said "how much to hit that ***, your advertising aren't ya?" prisoner pulled up his pants as he grumbled away - now I was a sgt for 9 years and would never have done that but I was chuckling the rest of the night!

TammieH

What is "Normal"? I love the Seattle area, so much diversity...

here...
diversity is normal.

When you are around such a diverse group of people, you tend to start accepting people for who they are and you stop judging how they look, what they wear or the amount of piercings or tats.

I know these kids were young, and I know there were a lot of kids who smoked when I was that age...I remember boys doing their own tats as well (although very simple) and I grew up in rural conservative SW Ohio.

tsgstl

This reminds me of moonwalking at a crosswalk in my parachute pants with some ol geezer shaking his head at me while he waited

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What is "Normal"? I love the Seattle area, so much diversity...

here...
diversity is normal.

When you are around such a diverse group of people, you tend to start accepting people for who they are and you stop judging how they look, what they wear or the amount of piercings or tats....

That is one of the top ten all time silly and, at the same time, blissfully ignorant comments encountered while lurching through a long and checkered life.

What someone is is defined, completely, utterly, by what they do. Not what they say, but how they act, what they do. How some specimen might behave, puncture, and otherwise decorate itself is part of that definition. It's what they do. Ergo it serves to define them. Not judge them? Why the hell not?

The only real difference in people is cultural. It is inarguable that some cultures are superior to others. Not only should you not automatically respect, or at least give the illusion of respecting, a culture, or sub-culture, different from your own, a sane person would reserve the right to hold someone in contempt for being a part of some silly culture or another. Especially if they have chosen to participate in that culture.

Judgement is all you have, make the most of it.

Bly

One of my daughters has more tats than most of my biker friends but she's a sweet good natured girl.
I guess the time is coming when only weirdos will have no tats.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There are several small towns in this area that will write tickets if your pants are so low your butt crack is showing. The NAACP protested with cries of racism. They planned to protest in Ville Platte.........but canceled it when they found out it was a black mayor and black city council that approved the ordinance and a black police chief who would enforce the law lol took the wind right out of the NAACP's sails

http://www.katc.com/news/residents-reminded-saggy-pants-and-loud-music-are-against-the-law/

Many years ago I traveled to Ville Platte to keep a sales appointment with a gentleman whose last name was Fontenot. He had not supplied a phone number on the reply card he had sent in so I opened a phone book to look him up. To my surprise I found the listings for Fontenot started on page two or three and ran to almost the end of the phone book. According to one person I spoke with, "There are rich Fontenots and poor Fontenots. White Fontenots and black Fontenots. And yes, nearly everyone here is named Fontenot."

I never did locate the Fontenot I was looking for.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
That is one of the top ten all time silly and, at the same time, blissfully ignorant comments encountered while lurching through a long and checkered life.

What someone is is defined, completely, utterly, by what they do. Not what they say, but how they act, what they do. How some specimen might behave, puncture, and otherwise decorate itself is part of that definition. It's what they do. Ergo it serves to define them. Not judge them? Why the hell not?

The only real difference in people is cultural. It is inarguable that some cultures are superior to others. Not only should you not automatically respect, or at least give the illusion of respecting, a culture, or sub-culture, different from your own, a sane person would reserve the right to hold someone in contempt for being a part of some silly culture or another. Especially if they have chosen to participate in that culture.

Judgement is all you have, make the most of it.

+1

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Heh...Just had a friend post this on FB while visiting Memphis.

Hope this gives you some business ideas.

JB

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 83