• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yikes......................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Many years ago I traveled to Ville Platte to keep a sales appointment with a gentleman whose last name was Fontenot. He had not supplied a phone number on the reply card he had sent in so I opened a phone book to look him up. To my surprise I found the listings for Fontenot started on page two or three and ran to almost the end of the phone book. According to one person I spoke with, "There are rich Fontenots and poor Fontenots. White Fontenots and black Fontenots. And yes, nearly everyone here is named Fontenot."

I never did locate the Fontenot I was looking for.

So, John Smith or John Doe is just a myth ??

Marlene

What someone is is defined, completely, utterly, by what they do. Not what they say, but how they act, what they do. How some specimen might behave, puncture, and otherwise decorate itself is part of that definition. It's what they do. Ergo it serves to define them. Not judge them? Why the hell not?

have to agree with bob. when you make a choice to dress in a certain way or have a "look" that has been defined, you are saying to the world this is who I am and what I do and what I want you to know about me. it is why a uniform works. we see a guy in checked pants and a chef hat, we kind get what he is. same goes for a guy with pants around his knees or whatever. if people judge you by what you wear it is because you told them them what you want them to know by how you dress. yes, some of those with tats or pants down around their knees are nice people but since those groups have been defined as not so nice, what do they expect people to think about them?

cajun312

Many years ago I traveled to Ville Platte to keep a sales appointment with a gentleman whose last name was Fontenot. He had not supplied a phone number on the reply card he had sent in so I opened a phone book to look him up. To my surprise I found the listings for Fontenot started on page two or three and ran to almost the end of the phone book. According to one person I spoke with, "There are rich Fontenots and poor Fontenots. White Fontenots and black Fontenots. And yes, nearly everyone here is named Fontenot."

I never did locate the Fontenot I was looking for.

It does get pretty confusing on fathers day :)

tsgstl

funny

Attachments

• stereotype.jpg
    stereotype.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 54