• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

YO.......................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Shout out to Dan Ramm and his Dad [who did all the work] who did a great job on repairing our Roland machine. Dan [Sr] came out and evaluated the situation and gave me considerate and great information. Came back to fix the problem and fixed what two other techs couldn't figure out how to fix.

Now I can sell this piece of crap............... !! Only kidding. :ROFLMAO: It's running just like the first day we bought it. I love Roland.... and Dan, Sr..... special thanks for what you did. :thumb: :thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How to get the cutter portion to cut properly. Alignment, going back and cutting after printing with or without laminate or crop marks. Plain old die-cutting, media movement, and the list goes on. It really got bad in the last few weeks. I had to turn some nice jobs down, because sometimes it would work and sometimes it couldn't do squat. Now it's deadballs on. :clapping:

phototec

How to get the cutter portion to cut properly. Alignment, going back and cutting after printing with or without laminate or crop marks. Plain old die-cutting, media movement, and the list goes on. It really got bad in the last few weeks. I had to turn some nice jobs down, because sometimes it would work and sometimes it couldn't do squat. Now it's deadballs on. :clapping:

Ok, What was the issue (cause) the other techs couldn't figure out?

What was causing the cutter portion NOT to cut properly?

:help

:thankyou:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't know exactly. We were given so many reasons and theories, that our heads were beginning to spin and were made to feel we had to get a new one. We were actually looking at various new printers…..

It was said or thought electrical interruption, signal interruption, ribbons not transmitting, encoder strips/eyes, loose parts, old parts and others that I don’t remember. Dan,Sr kept with his original idea that one of the two outside pinch rollers were weak. Changed them both out with two new ones and …………presto… we’re back in business with that machine.

The other guys that were here doing work on it were really good techs, but they just couldn’t fix it. Always left us with…… well, ya know, it is getting old. You hafta expect this stuff to start happening. I didn’t want to accept that, but was beginning to feel I was going to have to. Not anymore. I have faith that there are still some people with integrity and the knowledge to fix things instead of just throwing something away and completely replacing it.

Thanks again, DanSr. :thumb: you too, DRamm76