• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yoga logo

Signmaker1234

I was given this drawing as direction. Client told me a sign guy in her local area drew this up for them. This is my version. I'm not sure about the fonts, they look good but I might look for something else. The middle pic is mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 172

player

I like yours but I would find a better silhouette. Yours has a white spot or dot right on the crotch area, and it looks like the girl has her back to us. I think it would be better if the silhouette was facing the viewers.

TimToad

The graphic is a vast improvement over the first attempts, but the font choices are ill-suited for this type of business. At least you didn't go with the uber typical Papyrus. LOL

You could lower her one leg just a little to open that white space up and define her legs better, or raise it further and eliminate the condition Player pointed out.

Signmaker1234

Leg any better?

I think it looks better? Thanks! Not sure how it will be layout wise and what fonts! I'm just glad to have that part done!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 176

Marlene

I like the re-do of the image but the font is not really great for this as it just feels too banker or doctor. it doesn't have to be an over done font but jsut one with a little personality

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think you need to look at some of the images Old Paint posted up. Your layout is very weak in typography and the image is flimsy looking.

What you have created so far is not a logo, but a layout for a sign or business card. It is not memorable or easy on the eyes to read. The flow is weird and nothing connects.

I would go back to square one, erase it and start completely over.

Signmaker1234

Design on the left is what I submitted. They design in the right is it with a few client requested revisions! They like it, I like it, so it's all good! Thanks for the suggestions!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 176

shoresigns

Design on the left is what I submitted. They design in the right is it with a few client requested revisions! They like it, I like it, so it's all good! Thanks for the suggestions!

Second font clashes with everything else in the logo.

Also, to expand on what OldPaint was getting at, here's a more specific search to give you an idea of just how many times this has been done already: https://www.google.ca/search?q=yoga+tree+logos&tbm=isch

OldPaint

give it up.........he want to do only what he needs to.....get the money))))) to many in the business today do this........i see it everyday.........in signs and vehicles.........lay down a busy background throw some text on it and call it done))))))))
no creativity........

Joe300i

give it up.........he want to do only what he needs to.....get the money))))) to many in the business today do this........i see it everyday.........in signs and vehicles.........lay down a busy background throw some text on it and call it done))))))))
no creativity........

I completely agree with you, but the problem is that most people don't understand design and what draws the eye to actually like something, hence they don't want to pay for it. If I went to 1000 companies and said "I'll create a brand for you, and you have 2 choices...

Choice 1 will cost you $150. It will look like the majority of other logos out there, it won't be anything special, and it won't necessarily set you apart from your competition, but it will at least be something for you.

Choice 2 will cost you $800. It will have it's own unique look. I will spend a few days researching your field and asking questions to your potential customers, and asses what your customers like to see when they look at similar companies images, ie, what colors they prefer, whether or not they like a bold look, or brittle look, etc, and I'll also, give you 5 samples, and when we narrow them all down, we'll start on the revisions for the final look, and we'll discuss some color options for you, and we'll talk about some other things before we close this project out. Almost 100% of people would choose option 1, because of the money. So while I agree with you that people just throw things together, in a way, you can't really blame the guy either.

People just don't understand what good artwork is in general, and when you try to up sell them on option 2, they think you're just trying to get them for more money. I come up with some decent work for my customers, but I've learned not to spend weeks on something, trying to reinvent the wheel. If it's some backyard lawn care company that tried to haggle me for $25 on some magnets last week, you can be sure that I'm not wasting my time trying to be the next Van Gough for them, because I promise they aren't paying $1300 for a car wrap. They're interested in basic lettering, with a .jpg of an actual lawnmower, and their phone number because it's "cheaper and easier" for me to do. They don't care about "good work". They want something quick, and super cheap. I hate it. I despise it actually, but that's just how it is. Most of the time anyway.

OldPaint

i agree..........the guy wants a set of mags for $25......i tell him iam backed up till next week and he will have to wait for them)))).......
yes time is money!!!! BUT YOU should have enough of an edge with your artist ability ......TO PRODUCE a great design........in a short period(this is why most good signer are artists)......to start with. in the day before computer and vinyl, YOU HAD TO BE ABLE TO DRAW, create on the fly(quickly)something to show you can design what the customer wants. now the computer and clipart are just another tool to make this happen QUICKER.............its on YOU to make the decision when enough is enough.........one of the hardest things to learn to do)))))