• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You can't wrap that challenge

joelswork

Hey all,
just thinking out loud and wondering if anyone would be interested in a little weekly challenge. Just a random object that everyone can get hold of and show off some skills. I'm thinking of doing it with our installation crew starting next week and judging results on Fridays. For this forum, I think the winner would then pick the object for the next week after letting everyone know how they did it. How's that sound? Let me know if you are game.

rjssigns

I'm with player. Will wait patiently for the first Wrap a Bowling Ball contestant though.:Big Laugh

joelswork

Now don't discount the crazy factor of what I'm proposing. Skill is one part, creativity is the other. Even in choosing an object I want it to be readily available, inexpensive, and have an element of fun with some creativity. I was thinking hard on what to do for the first challenge. There was the proverbial bowling ball (no everyone has one and I'm not sure you could easily pull off lifting one from the local bowling lanes, I thought about full coverage on a golf ball (but that's just the ole bowling ball with a little twist), I thought about the email I got from a YouTube video I did where the guy wasn't paying attention and typed a "t" instead of the "r" and asked me for opinions on wrapping a "cat" with pricing and design options... Yes, I've thought about those but think I have settled on something about 90-95% of us have available at no cost...something fun! Stay tuned for Monday's announcement!

joelswork

Pictures, a write up, or even a video explains the process is worth useless bonus points in this challenge (but may get you votes)

legacyborn

I love this!

Some ideas

1. Matchbox Van
2. Hamster Ball
3. wood blinds

Attachments

• 3146_l.jpg
    3146_l.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 117
  • hamster-ball-exercise-time.jpg
    hamster-ball-exercise-time.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 110
  • img0001.jpg
    img0001.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 105

joelswork

Dual challenge given!

Ok, I have gone back and forth and have decided on letting you choose what to wrap.

The first (and kind of boring option), a plastic fork with 2 colors, no printed designs.

Option 2, a co-worker. Yep, willing or unwilling. These can be solid color or printed. Videos might help seal the deal on this one ;)

pictures or or videos due by midnight eastern time Friday night