Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You know it's gonna be a bad week starting like this!

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by TheSnowman, Aug 18, 2008.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Ok, I came in today, did a routine cleaning like always, and am trying to print a "fathead" on Photo-Tex for a company that needs it today. I had everything done on the computer end, and just had to hit print, but this is what the freakin' thing is spitting out! I've had enough trouble matching colors, finally got that figured out, now this! Anyone EVER seen this on their machine before?

UPDATE: My test prints basically aren't even there when I run one. It's got a little tiny bit of red you can see, but the rest of it, NOTHIN!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    I have some fathead material in stock if you need something printed fast... other than that, I'd say you've got a sucky week ahead. :( I hate it when printers start screwing stuff up.

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Do a 1 minute head soak, that should unclog your heads. That only happened to me once on my Mimaki when I didn't tighten the plate on the other end of the printer where you clean your heads at, so It didn't do no auto cleaning during the weekend.

4. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I've done several head soaks, and nothin. I'm at the end here. I can't get ANYTHING to come out anywhere now.

5. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    can you please explain what is happening in the pic? Is it that the heads are not firing or is it that each colour is not lining up properly, I can't tell from the pic...also what the heck is Fathead anyways?

6. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    The pumps are bad. I ordered new ones, they will be here tomorrow.
    Here is a fathead:
    http://www.fathead.com/

We do these w/ a local photographer for the kids at school.

7. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    looks like an end user site to me. What do you buy from them? Raw Material?

8. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I don't buy them, I make them. Fathead is licensed to sell all the real sports people...I'm just takin' that idea, and using the photographers pics from local highschool kids, then tracing around them, and doing a cutout. The photographer sells them, and I just make them for him, from his shots.

9. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    oh I see....