• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

you know you are in Vermont when...

Marlene

the top story on the news tonight is the theft of sap buckets right off the trees in Gilford! damn sap theives.

Baz

To funny. Now i am picturing a Marlene's world comic of you screaming at the forest ... "Damn sap thieves!!"

Typestries

Down in my end of the state, a guy was caught pumping the sap in someone's gravity feed tank. It wasn't pretty. I was told (uniformed) law enforcement wasn't even needed. What's that debate about carry states?

Marlene

it made me laugh because it was a lead story, not a filler story. gotta love a state where that was the worst thing that happened all day:wink:

yes, need a Marlene's world right about now John

Caitlin

:ROFLMAO: What big news! Marlene the sap thief :rock-n-roll:

Reminds me of the headlines here sometimes. When I was in high school the newspaper wrote a story because they caught a photo of a friend of mine walking home in shorts on a very cold winter day. At least that wasn't the top story.

Marlene

eek, John

yep, Monday night news usually has an update of all that happened over the weekend plus anything from the day and they lead in with sap bucket theft...that's it? that is all that happened in three days? no murders? no bank robberies? meth lab busts? sap bucket thieves, gotta love it

Caitlin

I just laughed at that comic for so long everyone around here thinks I'm nuts.

But hey, sap theft is always less heinous than murder I would say. Vermont sounds like a very peaceful place at least.
That does remind me of a story I heard a while ago of crop thieves in France who went into someone's field in the night and harvested their entire crop and stole it.