• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You never know what's worth $$$$

Bigdawg

Just Me
My husband got a call from a friend of ours. The two of them used to work the Bristol Race and made friends with quite a few of the other vendors. One guy in particular was the cigar guy - they thought the world of him, and he of them. A few races back he gave them each a box of Maker's Mark cigars... now these are really nice boxes... really nice.

Our friend gave his (empty) box to his new son-in-law as a gift. Son-in-law just took it to a friend of his that does appraisals... the friggin' box is worth about $600... cigar-less.

So my buddy calls hubby - yes - we still have our box... does it have this and that on it.. yes it does... OMG he says... it's worth at least $600 too!!

Well, hubby says... mine was the fancy one - remember? Double layer and mini humidor inside? Not to mention I have a row of sealed cigars left (heart attacks meant he had to quit smoking)... these are in glass tubes, wax sealed.

Without the appraiser looking at it... the box is worth at least a grand...

wow....

omgsideburns

That's awesome. My great-uncle gave me his model trains from when he was a kid. Worth quite a bit, but they are so cool I couldn't part with them.

Bigdawg

Just Me
LOL... I'll see if he'll let me take it out of the safe to take one when I get home...

It's been in there for over 2 years... he was more concerned about the high dollar cigars than the box!