• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You Should Listen to This

Speedsterbeast

If anyone here hasn't heard the CBC Radio's show "The Age Of Persuassion" they should give it a listen. I have been a huge fan for several years and look forward to each season with great anticipation.
It is hosted by Terry O'Reilly, who has a very special talent to keep you undivided attention.
The show's format is a weekly subject on the advertising industry.
Many of the subjects are relative to what we do in many ways, and can be very educational, but it is always extremely interesting and entertaining.
If you like Madmen, you'll love The Age of Persuassion

Been meaning to share this with the forum for some time now, although I'm sure a lot of our Canadian friends already know it well.

Here is a link to past episodes, as well as other info about the program.

Happy Friday

http://www.cbc.ca/ageofpersuasion/episode/

Gene@mpls

Ahrrrrgh. Don't make me learn how to podcast. Please. I am 65 and already
am learning too many things every week to try to keep up with my old
technology. I work 60 hours a week and hardly have time for my hobby
(drink) as it is. Podcatchers/RSS feeds & players, et al. That said- what I
heard of the mp3 provided was really interesting. Is there a way to just
download the mp3s please. Thanks Gene- back to laminating.

PS- Just noticed my daughter posted a picture of me (on FB) taken in the heat of
battle on Friday with 3 monitors in the background while working on a laptop
and my Galaxy tab 10.1 in the foreground. No wonder I am tired. And- watching the
Formula 1 race from India this morning (5am), the recording quit at lap 34 of 60. My
life is ####. Not. I have a great life- :>}

Speedsterbeast

Gene, click on any of the past episodes.
The page will load with a write up of the episode along with some of the ads hilighted in the episode. You will see "Listen to this episode as streaming audio (runs 27:30)"
click on that and turn up your speakers.

Note that I have had a couple of the episodes not play, but most of them work just fine.
But be warned, it's a very addictive show