• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You think you have Mutoh Ink Problems!!!

Shift Designs

In the process of printing a huge 1600 sq ft wallpaper job. I replaced one of the yellow cartridges. After the next to the last panel printed on the first wall, the "Kawasaki" green went to baby poop green. I was like what the hey, i started looking around, i noticed that one of the yellow ink lines looked pretty dark. Long story short, the yellow cartridge i replaced was a magenta cartage labeled yellow. What excuses does anyone have for that.

jiarby

I walked in to the Mutoh office once... The receptionist had a big stack of cartridges and was busy slapping Mutoh labels on them.

I can see how a person could get crosseyed and put a yellow label on a magenta cartridge. If you peel back the mutoh label you may find a magenta one from the factory.

I adjusted the color thresholds to make it easier to see the underlying OEM label. It says 3 M for magenta. The yellow one is 3 Y, etc...

Attachments

• label.jpg
    label.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 80

PSG

Shift

Sorry dude that sucks!
Crap like that never happens while your doing a small banner or coro sign, but when your doing a big job like that one. I feel your pain, I've been there.

Murphy can take his law and shove it, he is one stone cold cruel and heartless bastard!
At least when there's lots of ink already laid down...

Shift Designs

So if you were the supplier of the ink, how would you have handled this situation?

Then how do you think Mutoh should have handled it?

And take in mind all the ink i hand to draw through my lines and printhead to get the magenta ink out.

jiarby

I would imagine that they will only exchange the defective cartridge for a new one.

If you want to get more than that you will have to sue them. There is no one that would be authorized to just pay out a damages claim without having it reviewed by their legal team. To get that ball rolling you just need to file a lawsuit seeking specific damages and see if they pay or make a settlement offer.

Be sure to include everyone involved... the dealer that sold it to you and also the mfger that mislabeled the cartridge to begin with. The dealer probably never knew, it came labeled Yellow and was in a box with a bunch of Yellow carts. What should they have done?