• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You Tube Videos

jkdbjj

So, I just made my first video. I have heard that search engines gobble up these videos.
I still have lots to learn but wanted to try to get my feet wet.

I'd be interested to hear if others are using videos, and to what extent are you doing them to help your business?

Here is a link to the one I just did. I know it is quite basic, but I got to start somewhere!

http://youtu.be/4e72LzXdEuI

CheapVehicleWrap

I guess it ain't too bad for a first video, but this "Deliverance" soundtrack has gotzta go.

So what did you edit it with? And most important; was it cheap?

Craig Sjoquist

That is a good promo video, that would work well for walking by traffic like at your store or at a display in a mall, how about a event.

I have customers that use videos in just such a manner, of course you need more with different subjects.

Stuckup

Heck, a video, wow, I cant even allow a picture taken, walk off the job, let alone a video. YOU Just keep doing it, I have a 5 % chance of being embarrassed forever on-line next week. For money to Last wish foundation Ill sell my ***. You may get attacked, stay at it, learning curve, just keep going. Those who try are way better than those who just ridicule, good stuff, keep at it.

Stuckup

His video is good, better than I could ever do, I was just trying to say say stick with it is all, and what people say does not matter, just how you feel. How you treat, Fuk the rest lol.

Move In Media

Good job, man, looks good. Online videos are a great marketing tool, imho. If you get a customer on the phone or e-mail you can alwasy direct them to the video for sample of your work, that way they dont have to come in-store to see samples of your work. I've been working on several videos for our company, you can check them at our YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/moveinmedia/videos (please Like, would appreciate it much). If you notice we have one video that shows a bit of behind the scenes, might be interesting to see a bits of how you go about your projects... Since we work mostly with retailers rather than end-users, we also have a separate private channel with client-safe videos that dont have our information on them, so that our clients can actually use them to promote our products to their customers. Not sure if thats something that you could use, but just throwing it out as an idea...

One thing: you should maybe add more tags so that your video pops up in more searches...

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Thank you jkdbjj for giving me the kick in the pants I needed to finally do ours. I put this together with iPhoto and uploaded it this morning. It definitely could use some descriptions like yours has, but I've been putting it off long enough.

I'll wait until tomorrow to post to Facebook and tweet links to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aq51NN6kjI

Stuckup

Think Signs, doesnt matter what we think, you can do that crap lol. Post a video, of work, you will surpass us all, good luck mate

jkdbjj

I guess it ain't too bad for a first video, but this "Deliverance" soundtrack has gotzta go.

So what did you edit it with? And most important; was it cheap?
I do have the big guns of Adobe Premier and accompanying software, but I am so lost in that.
So for this one I just used free windows movie maker. My 12 year old son helped :D

My plan is to make videos for customers, so if they are on my Window Graphic page, they can see some videos of what that is about. I want to do this for each product page.

My plan is to take advantage of the Adobe Movie Software, but it will take some learning before it moves forward.

As to the sound track, I had a great song, but YOUTUBE police blocked the video, they said I had to use one of their songs, or find a song not copyright protected. Which is quite hard to do I suppose.

I'll work on the song selection, thanks!

jkdbjj

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. For those that posted videos, thanks. It is good to see what others are doing.

kgirl

You need to interact with the video...not just show a bunch of pictures....but it is straight to the point.....we use imovie for ours....

kgirl

Talk in the video....visit some signs you put up and be in front of the camera talking about it....

jkdbjj

Talk in the video....visit some signs you put up and be in front of the camera talking about it....
OK. I am going to do that and see how it goes.

I plan to do that for each product page. So for example if someone is shopping for window graphics, they can click on the video, and I'll do some demonstrations of different window products.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.