• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You want your sign made out of WHAT?

Carolina Girl

OK, call my knowledge base "un-green", but my local University wants signs (big job) made of 30% post industrial recycled plastic with fiberglass reinforcement, 3/4" thick (must state "recycled"). Google gives me a "What The" look when I searched there, mostly studies show up. Any shops out there work with similar "green" substrates?

Pat Whatley

Sounds like they've already dealt with another shop who wrote the specs on what the sign needed to be and now they're getting other bids on the same material.
....and there's a possibility that somebody just made up the material specs.

You know, technically if you sell them a used sign face it's "recycled"

Last edited:

Carolina Girl

You would think that's correct. Unfortunately, this is directly from the spec sheet. They are receiving Government grants and this is their requirement. Talk about seeing "red"

adkmaid

bedford technology llc. www.plasticboards.com they make recycled plastic that comes in different grades and many different colors, sounds like you are looking for the fiberforce it is fiberglass reinforced and they even have one that has rebar in it. so no you are not crazy....I work for the government and this is the company i am using, because we are on a "green initiative", they are listed with the federal government as a green vendor i think.