• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You were right Fred

HulkSmash

Homeland is such an awesome show! Started watching it wednesday.. almost done the 1st season! It's getting good!!

Letterbox Mike

Ha! Just started watching it this morning, only through 3 episodes but so far I think it'll be a suitable replacement for my beloved 24, may it rest in peace.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Critical reception

The pilot episode has received universal acclaim, scoring a Metacritic rating of 91 out of 100 from 28 critics. Hank Stuever of The Washington Post gave the pilot episode an A-, saying "What makes Homeland rise above other post-9/11 dramas is Danes's stellar performance as Carrie—easily this season's strongest female character" and that "The latter half of the first episode is exhilarating. I'm hooked." Matthew Gilbert of The Boston Globe said it was his favorite drama pilot of the season, giving it an A. Entertainment Weekly's Ken Tucker gave it an A-, stating "It's the fall season's most intriguing, tense puzzler." IGN TV gave it a positive review, saying that it was an "ace thriller" that also managed to have something to say about the War on Terror. TV Guide named it the best TV show of 2011 and highly applauded the performances by Damian Lewis and Claire Danes. In an interview with People, President Barack Obama said Homeland and Boardwalk Empire were his two "must-see" shows other than sports.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What is it about, there are 3 of that name on Netflix

Thanks

Homeland website.

Homeland is an American psychological thriller television series developed by Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, based on an Israeli series Hatufim (English translation: Kidnapped), also known as Prisoners of War, which was created by Gideon Raff. The series stars Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison, a CIA operations officer who has come to believe that an American Marine, who was held captive by Al-Qaeda as a prisoner of war, was turned by the enemy and now poses a significant risk to national security.

The series is broadcast in the United States on the cable channel Showtime, and is produced by Fox 21. It premiered on October 2, 2011. The first episode was made available online, over two weeks prior to broadcast, with viewers having to complete some tasks to unlock access. Showtime renewed the series for a second season of 12 episodes, with production scheduled to begin in spring 2012.

The series follows Carrie Mathison, a CIA operations officer who, after conducting an unauthorized operation in Iraq, is put on probation and reassigned to the CIA's counterterrorism center in Langley, Virginia. While she was conducting the operation in Iraq, Carrie was warned by an asset that an American prisoner of war had been turned by Al-Qaeda. Carrie's job is complicated when her boss, Director of the Counterterrorism Center David Estes, calls Carrie and her colleagues in for an emergency briefing. It is then that Carrie learns that Nicholas Brody, a U.S. Marine Sergeant who had been reported as missing in action since 2003, has been rescued during a Delta Force raid on a compound belonging to terrorist Abu Nazir. Carrie comes to believe that Brody is the American prisoner of war that her asset in Iraq was talking about. However, the federal government and her superiors at the CIA consider Nicholas Brody a war hero. Realizing it would be next to impossible to convince her boss, David Estes, to place Brody under surveillance, Carrie approaches the only other person she can trust, Saul Berenson. The two must now work together to investigate Brody and prevent another terrorist attack on American soil.

Last edited: