• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your thoughts on FDC printable materials??

designflow

I've always been a fan of oracal and I've always seen oracal materials at other shops. I had stoped by one of the vendors to pick up my roll and they told me that FDC makes the same material for a better price in regards to white & clear calendar films. They also have a reflective & wall material.

Has anyone used any of FDCs printable materials and what are your thoughts about it?

Thanks

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
fdc reflective sucks....it rips too much (more than a normal reflective)...

we used fdc exclusively for awhile there because its what our main supplier has and my boss wasn't comfortable switching to oracal....

a few of the items on the fdc chart are actually relabelled avery products (which my supplier steered me away from)....

but after about a year or two of using fdc, i was fed up with dealing with the same issues over and over again....i use a gerber edge for my printing and their print ready materials had blemishes that just became exaggerated when i tried to print them....

aside from the printing issue, i had no problem with their vinyls....great adhesion, weed nicely, store great....

i still occasionally get a roll of their vinyl in if i'm in a crunch and i know my supplier has what i need in stock....but for the most part, i still with oracal and 3m.....

another thing about their vinyls just because it just popped into my head....they don't have exact color matches for the basic colors....their sapphire blue is a shade off, and you have to pick between two of their reds in order to get a close to match to cardinal red....forest green is a little funky too....

designflow

I think some of there vinyls are ok but I have used oracal for the last 4 years and never had any issues with them. I just bought a printer and im thinking that im just going to stick with orcals 3651 for basic cal. printing and always 3M for the wraps and everything. Saving $30-$40 on a roll of vinyl isnt worth the trouble i guess...