• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Z Axis Home Error?

omgsideburns

I have three Edges and never have a problem with them but now one of them is giving me a "Z-Axis Home Error".

The head seems to be raised all the way up and doesn't cycle when I turn it on like my other machines.

Any ideas?

Tony Teveris

If it is a Edge LE or Edge 2 it sounds like the Z axis flag is bent and is out of the sensor. .

If is is a Edge FX, they need the lube the Z axis worm screw with Lubiplate DS-ES.

I would call TechSupport as they can better determine what it is, I'm just guessing.

Gaugeco Inc.

You have a dirty sensor, if you open the edge and look down the little hole there you will see a drum/wheel under that there is a little sensor that tells this wheel where to start and stop to operate the open and close of the handle release. Clean that guy with some alchy and should fix it. This happens to us all the time.

omgsideburns

Decided to take a look at it today and found the culprit.

Loose ribbon cable on the bottom left side, looked like it hadn't been snapped in to place last time we sent it in for service and must have shaken loose from closing the lid. Too easy, should have opened it up sooner.

brookellis

I am having the same problem with the "z axis home error". I've been told wires could be loose but I'm not even sure which wires to check for?