Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z6200 - Printhead status says 'Assess IQ'

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by LeLuni, Dec 5, 2013.

1. LeLuni

LeLuni Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Hi All,

Quick question on the Z6200 printhead.

On the webserver, I noticed the status of both my LM-LC and PK-LG printheads have the status 'Assess IQ.'
    All others have 'OK' as their status.

Any idea what that means?
    Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to read the printhead status panel on the printer. The little 'gas gauges' that are shown there look like they are showing 3/4 full. I have no idea if that is good or bad.

I'm guessing the more common latex printers have a similar interface.

Can you help?

Thanks,
    John

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    It means that the nozzle performance is degrading into a marginal state, where the Image Quality (IQ) could be affected. Run a nozzle test print to check the nozzle status, or if you are OK with the IQ, keep printing until the machine forces you to replace printhead(s).

3. LeLuni

LeLuni Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Thanks - that makes sense.
    It looks like my Light Gray has fired 3300ml and my Light Cyan 3200ml, so that must be it.
    I ran an alignment, and the print quality seems to be fine after that, so I'll see how long they last.

Thanks again,
    John