• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zapped need help

adkmaid

i am putting reflective sheeting on corragated plastic blanks two sides (dont ask) but i am getting zapped so bad from static electricity i had to step away, i have sprayed static guard, i have got a wet rag but still when i grab both sides of the blank i get knocked back, i have about 15 done but the last one was brutal my arms still aching. so anyone have any ideas?

GypsyGraphics

maybe rubbing a dryer sheet on your hands before each sign would help

or, if you have the time, run to the hardware store and pick up a ground strap

adkmaid

did both of those i swear this is bogglng my mind i am going to try running a wire from wrist to some metal object....it will either work or i will have a 3 foot afro

JoshLoring

Haha. (only because I've done this)
Reflective is odd like that. Just happens. Humidity can affect!

Try doing wraps with in ear headphones on! Start pulling the paper and you'll get zapped sometimes right from the headphone.

geb

Could it be your lectric personality? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Everyone enjoyed our recent visit and wanted to thank you again, I will be stopping by soon.

George

adkmaid

love the garland idea LOL....George yeah im lectric alright more like dyslectric....my buddy Dave here (an electrician) simply handed me rubber gloves....I'll be damned it worked

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If rubber gloves did it, it might be that you are highly conductive. Perhaps dangling a chain out your butt around on the floor like the emergency vehicles do, will do the trick for ya. :rolleyes:

Terremoto

I walk around this place with a six inch steel ruler in my hand at all times and I constantly touch it to anything I think might zap me.

You get the snap, the lightning bolt, but no zap!

I just hate getting zapped.

Dan