• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Zebra Band on Canon Colorado

niwbie-colorado

Hello everyone.
I'm having a Vertical Zebra Band issue with my Canon Colorado.
I calibrated the media. i measured the media thickness and entered it into Onyx, but the result did not change. i think the rollers are crushing the texture.
There was no such problem before. does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• media-set.png
    media-set.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 186
  • zebra-band.png
    zebra-band.png
    2 MB · Views: 142

BlueRoseAuto

Sometimes those can be on the print Media before printing and you can see it after print. I had this with MPI1105 two times and thought it was the printer until i looked at media on print feeder.
I dont know if this is your problem but may be worth checking before you start messing with all your printer settings.
but my issue was horizontal, i would see if those marks line up with the rollers and then if so you have your answer.

niwbie-colorado

Hi;

BlueRoseAuto

This vertical banding also occurs in other media with different textures. The crushes coincide with Colorado's wheels pushing the media forward. you can see the pic below

---

I still couldn't solve the problem.

thanks for all answer...

Attachments

• roll.jpg
    roll.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 75

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yes, we change our rollers out every 3-6 months depending on how much we are printing. They are a normal maintenance item and consumable.
Really? we only just changed ours after 4 years.
Our tech said there's no real need to change them unless they're stuffed. Although they are a consumable, there is a dispute this should be a service replaced item and not under general maintenance as it's not a simple job for most people.

niwbie-colorado

is the stock very soft?
it is actually PVC material and not a very soft media

Yes, we change our rollers out every 3-6 months depending on how much we are printing. They are a normal maintenance item and consumable.
my total printing area 27,796 m2... is this enough the change rollers ?

Our tech said there's no real need to change them unless they're stuffed. Although they are a consumable, there is a dispute this should be a service replaced item and not under general maintenance as it's not a simple job for most people.

i think the service should replace them. but i think four years too long

Christian @ 2CT Media

It's incredibly simple, It takes us 15 mins to swap around the rollers and replace any bad ones. This video helps: https://vimeopro.com/oceitcdoctrans/oce-colorado-1650-maintenance (https://vimeopro.com/oceitcdoctrans/oce-colorado-1650-maintenance)

Most of the banding issues come from these rollers we find. By moving them or replacing them frequently we have far less issues now.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
it is actually PVC material and not a very soft media

my total printing area 27,796 m2... is this enough the change rollers ?

i think the service should replace them. but i think four years too long
Like I said, we had no issues.

Might also depends on the stock your runing.
It's incredibly simple, It takes us 15 mins to swap around the rollers and replace any bad ones. This video helps: https://vimeopro.com/oceitcdoctrans/oce-colorado-1650-maintenance (https://vimeopro.com/oceitcdoctrans/oce-colorado-1650-maintenance)

Most of the banding issues come from these rollers we find. By moving them or replacing them frequently we have far less issues now.
Very interesting it causes banding for you. Assuming mostly sav?

Our techs are good, they'll change them if they think it's time. We get the most random parts changed if they think it's time to replace.