• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Zip Change Track to 2 sided ACM

joshGN

Im needing to mount zip change track to each side of a single 3mm ACM panel. The track will be back to back on the panel.

Generally these are just installed on a 1 sided panel where you cant see the back, so I cant use the anchors they suggest.

Blind Rivet?

TIA!!!

unclebun

You could rivet through both tracks and the panel all at once. Use some pieces of banner tape to hold the strips of track on, make sure they are exactly positioned, drill, and rivet.

Or you could mount each side separately, offsetting the holes from the two sides. The rivets will always be behind the track.

rjssigns

What about Lexel or panel bond for vehicles? Lord's adhesives should have something too. Unless there's some new track I don't know about there's no way a rivet will work. It will stick through the other side and render the track useless. Same for any type of nut and bolt arrangement.

unclebun

With the Zip brand acrylic you can use acrylic cement for mounting on acrylic or Lord adhesive for other substrates. They even sell an expanding pin fastener. The adhesive or mechanical fasteners go through the thick part of the track and do not interfere with the letters. If you use Texas Track, the acrylic adhesive won't work, and indeed, adhesives have trouble because of the curve Texas Track always seems to have. Since this is a two-sided sign with track on both sides, mechanical fasteners are fin--you just have to line everything up to use the same holes and rivets/bolts on both sides.
https://cdn.grimco.com/Pdf/Home/Vie...duct/ZipChangeLettertrack/datasheet/Track.pdf

bannertime

With the acorn nuts are you talking about using all thread studs so that it's the same on both sides or using a bolt and the nut?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Or worse, the tape stays tacky and the letters get hung constantly. Especially when people think they have to slide them all the way in from one end or the other...
Yea that happened too. I ended up scrapping the whole panel and starting over.

joshGN

update on this...
I ended up using E6000....it worked fine(so far), but the project had it challenges...and I wont ever do another one...LOL