• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ziploc strips

wegercarl

Does anyone know where you can source strips that are similar to Ziploc bag locks? I have a client that has a rotating billboard truck that goes roll to roll with different ads. The ads are interchangeable with these ziploc strips connecting them. I would ike to print these but don't know where to get these strips?

Any help would be appreciated.

Carl

rjssigns

They are a specialized "zipper" just for that application with an "A" and a "B" part. They are also expensive. Best have a bunch of work lined/contracted up just to cover the cost of the 2 rolls.

You will also need to print on a poly material with eco or full solvent inks. Aqueous will get destroyed by scratching and condensation.

Also need to be absolutely flawless with your vertical dimension. Scrolling is time based and it only runs long enough to go "X" inches. All prints in the "que" have to be exactly the same size vertically. Width not so much.

wegercarl

Thank you

Thank you RJSsigns I appreciate the feedback I think I am going to stay away from it as it is only one truck and not high volume.

Carl

rjssigns

Thank you RJSsigns I appreciate the feedback I think I am going to stay away from it as it is only one truck and not high volume.

Carl

Yeah, I was going to recommend that. It is not a slam dunk pay me type of job. Lots of piddly details that have to be perfect or you get to do it again. We did enough of them we had margin templates and a cheat sheet with perfected dimensions.

IIRC my rolls were around $150 each. Still have zippers left.LOL