• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zund 3XL-2500 vs Esko C60

ottawascene

Looking to purchase a new cutting/routing table, we are looking at a 126" x 66" C60 Esko with 126 Conveyor, or a Zund 3XL-2500. Both have Similar tooling options, and the only difference in price point we have right now, is we are paying the extra for the 98" depth on the 2500, or pay pretty much the same price if we go with the 3XL-1600. The zund has a 1kw router, and the C60 has the 3kw is the other difference. We've always had our eye on Zund, but Esko has been making some noise with the C Series. Any opinions to help us make a decision?

Thank you!

ottawascene

We have relationships with both suppliers, and have been given some good deals that we are not allowed to disclose. Original pricing was both approx $300k CDN delivered.

gf

There are a number of differences between the Kongs and Zund besides the router. Kongs C60 (3.2M wide) table has a carbon fiber traverse and heavier-duty rack-an-pinion drive system that makes it quite a bit faster than the Zund 3XL -- especially when routing or cutting thicker materials. Esko just posted a new video on Youtube comparing speeds of the two machines here: ZUND HD 1080p - YouTube.

JHeineck

Zund is coming out with a 3.8kw router. I would schedule a demo from both companies and let the machines with your job files do the talking.

ottawascene

Esko seems like the faster, and stronger machine, but I the deals I have is for a 10' x 5' table, as apposed to a 10' x 8' with Zund ... Any big advantages having 3ft more depth?

Bly

I guess the obvious question to ask is does anyone have a Zund with 1kw spindle and finds it underpowered?

ottawascene

Yes, that and the bed size difference. Obvisously the speed is faster on the C60, but I know Zund has been a solid machine for years!

Seanlaw22

Hello Mr. Ottawascene,

If I may so eloquently interject. And yes, I may be a tad bit biased on the subject, but in fairness, I do have a good amount of experience in the field. I have also worked with both of these mfg. to some degree. My previous company, MGE was actually the inventor of the revolutionary i-cut vision software, along with being the first US distributor for both Zund and Kongsberg. To make a long story short, and fast forward about 10 years....Esko acquired our company in 2008, and with the company - i-cut software. After working with/at Esko for a couple years, the Mikkelsens and a few others decided to create MCT and CutGuru. The main reason behind this was to no longer just be a distributor, but to design, develop, and own/control our own products....built in the USA. This is how the VersaTech and Tiger Vision were born. See, after working with both Zund and Kongsberg (both great machines in their own right), we took what we liked from both, and what we didn't like, and created the VersaTech...but with a twist. We made the first "all-in-one" digital finishing solution....with a 2.5KW liquid cooled router, the standard line up of knife and crease tools, and a 100W CO2 liquid cooled laser for fabrics, acrylics, paper products and more. And the whole system is completely automated...with our patent pending dual belt technology for laser and standard blade/router. Since our inception in 2011, we have released the VersaTech, and 3 years later the VersaTech2 (double the speed as VT1) which won SGIA 2016 product of the year award, our TigerVision software, and whole slew of other software solutions to complete our workflow. The best part is, its all made in the US, proprietary to us, and we have full control. Not to be rude, but Esko and Zund are only distributors for their HQ in Norway and Switzerland...no control of the products. MCT has definitely emerged as a key player, and part of the "big 3" in the large format digital finishing industry. I would highly recommend taking a look at what we have to offer...we have a number of systems in Canada. And with our new system - VersaTech2, we have the top end speed and accuracy to do more than compete, and if you need a laser....we're the only solution. I'd be happy to discuss with you anytime, and in the meantime....check out our new website. MCT - Digital Finishing Redefined

(Typed with my phone - pardon any grammatical errors)

Sean Lawrence
262 822 6013