• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zund G3 Wiring Position

jasonx

Hey guys,

Our machine arrives next week. It's Sunday morning here so thought I might get a faster answer on here so I can get everything in order quicker.

Is it better to have the sockets at the roof level or drop down some conduit and have the power at the floor level (safer, neater)?

Can the power for the computer and vacuums be run under the machine or do they have to be dropped down on the side of the machine where they are positioned?

I know I need a 32A 5 pin plug for the machine and 10A socket for the computer. Do I need anything else while we're running everything?

Cheers
Jason

Joe Crumley

Jason,

Congrats on your new router.

I've only had two different CNC's. My first was a 4X8 while my present is a 5
x10. I've have dedicated circuits. All at floor level with a grounding rod three feet in the ground. A surge depressor is also good.

The only 220 is for the CNC, all else is 110 on their own circuit. I'm running a 7hp Colombo Sprindle but have no vacuum hold down. My work doesn't require a vacuum.

Good luck and let us know how you get along.

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com

jasonx

Jason,

Congrats on your new router.

I've only had two different CNC's. My first was a 4X8 while my present is a 5
x10. I've have dedicated circuits. All at floor level with a grounding rod three feet in the ground. A surge depressor is also good.

The only 220 is for the CNC, all else is 110 on their own circuit. I'm running a 7hp Colombo Sprindle but have no vacuum hold down. My work doesn't require a vacuum.

Good luck and let us know how you get along.

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the info.

Will you be at 3D Sign Camp this year? I'm heading on over.

Jason