• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ZUND: New to Routing. Couple of Questions

ebrown17

Hi everyone. We just recently purchased a Zund G3 L2500. I just have a few questions about bits.

1. Is the best way to find out what bits to use is just put in the type of material and the thickness you want to cut in the Cut Server and see what the software recommends?
2. For a sign shop what bits do you guys find yourselves using a lot?
3. Whats the best cutting mat to use?

Thanks!

MattVaughn

It will only suggest the bits or blades that you have entered into cut manager as having, so if you don't have any of the bits entered, you wont receive results.

We use the R103,104,106,114,116 and a few others for foam board routing. Depending on use, we have found some other outlets for bits and blades that are similar but a good bit cheaper.

Check out www.cutguru.com for a great selection of bits and blades for your Zund. These guys provide some great charts to cross reference to your Zund tools and an application guide that will help you learn what tools are designed to cut.

As far as cutting mats go, this is another material that the guys at CutGuru sell, but we havent tried their material yet as we order bulk rolls of the underlayment from Zund which is very pricey. Make sure you guys are registering your bits good and the mats can hold out for a while. If you find an alternate solution, please let us know.

jasonx

It will only suggest the bits or blades that you have entered into cut manager as having, so if you don't have any of the bits entered, you wont receive results.

We use the R103,104,106,114,116 and a few others for foam board routing. Depending on use, we have found some other outlets for bits and blades that are similar but a good bit cheaper.

Check out www.cutguru.com for a great selection of bits and blades for your Zund. These guys provide some great charts to cross reference to your Zund tools and an application guide that will help you learn what tools are designed to cut.

As far as cutting mats go, this is another material that the guys at CutGuru sell, but we havent tried their material yet as we order bulk rolls of the underlayment from Zund which is very pricey. Make sure you guys are registering your bits good and the mats can hold out for a while. If you find an alternate solution, please let us know.

Use 3mm MDF for underlay if your pieces you are cutting are big. You'll get enough vacuum.

Use the seal grip for smaller items.

Typestries

If you can find low density fiberboard….often called medite ultralight, it allows a greater volume of vac air to pass through than MDF. Buy the 1/2" version and you can resurface it multiple times before discarding!

JHeineck

New to Routing. Couple of Questions

Hi ebrown17,

I can help with all your consumable questions. If you would like to discuss the best options that are available you can respond here or i can shoot you an email. Whatever works best for you.

Chriswagner92

We get all of our bits from Hartlauer. They send us a catalog with all their bits and in that catalog they give a general idea of what to cut with which bits. The Super o is great for plex and other plastics, cuts as smooth as a babys bottom.