• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Zund

Rick Churaman

Any suggestion on how to send cut file from Mimaki CUJV 300 to Zund cutter.
Onyx Postershop made it easy but their prices are outrageous

FatCat

What software are you designing in? Illustrator has a download plug-in that will put marks on your prints. As far as having your RIP software automatically generate cutting paths and marks, that is a paid option on all RIP softwares as far as I am aware.

Rick Churaman

Thanks for helping guys
So most of my files are prepared in Illustrator or indesign. usually my customers supply a PDF which I would prefer not to edit.
I run Fiery and Onyx and the both generate 6mm round register marks for my Zund G3 cutter.I wish Rasterlink would do that
Thanks again, really appreciate it

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I'm a little outside my area of expertise here, but can you create a hotfolder with Fiery or Onyx that "Prints to file?" Send your file through Onyx or Fiery first without ripping to include the zund dots. Then send that file to Rasterlink?

Rick Churaman

I'm a little outside my area of expertise here, but can you create a hotfolder with Fiery or Onyx that "Prints to file?" Send your file through Onyx or Fiery first without ripping to include the zund dots. Then send that file to Rasterlink?
Problem is Fiery and Onyx would puts the register dots after ripping.
I am on a 30 day trial of Flexi, I will see how that goes.
If I didn't have five printers I would have stayed with Postershop

Superior_Adam

We run the Zund software where you send the layered files to Prep Center. Prep Center then creates the print file and cut file. The files are saved in hotfolders and the cut file shows up right away on the cutter.

ProPDF

Any suggestion on how to send cut file from Mimaki CUJV 300 to Zund cutter.
Onyx Postershop made it easy but their prices are outrageous

FLEXI 12 does this easily and you can run 4 printers and 1 cutter on 1 subscription. You will import your pdf into Flexi with or without cut lines, use the zund, i-cut or EuroSystems cutting device driver to act as your cutter device in production manager. Then you will send the job like you are sending it to a normal roll cutter. The print file will get sent to the selected printer and the cut file will get sent to the Zund (i-cut,Eurosystems, zund) device in production manager and wait for you to send it to the cutting machine software. Flexi can not cut direct to the machine like a roll cutter. The only way flexi can send a cut file to the machine though is via creating a hot folder on your desktop to where when you click send in production manager the file will actually go to the hot folder for whatever cut software you are using i-cut, optiscout, Zund cut software ect. The crop marks will be auto populated this way with no need to mess with them in illustrator, you can change diameter ect. Please note I mentioned Flexi 12 because when 19 first came out we had issues with the crop marks not populating in 19 for some reason but 12 worked flawlessly. Just ask flexi for the version 12 download and you can keep both on your desktop but with only one open at a time.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
If you're running Onyx use CUT-Server. You can match Zund cutting materials with Onyx profiles with the proper setup. Let me know if you need help.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
So your problem is with Rasterlink? If that is the case, there is no option AFAIK. Rasterlink is a sorry excuse for a RIP. You will need Onyx to do print to cut on a Zund.