• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A hand routered coffee sign

TheSellOut

Just curious...why not use .5" black PVC/Celtec for a substrate? It's super easy to cut and machine, plus there is no filling in egdes, priming, or painting.

At fist glantz, i thought it was dibond.

TheSellOut

Don't get me wrong...I enjoy working with wood too! It just seems so much more labor intensive for the same end result.

Flame

True, but I just have a habit with wood now. Kind of fun too. Plus how would the PVC do outdoors...? I'd imagine MDO lasts longer than PVC.

Just thoughts is all.

TheSellOut

True, but I just have a habit with wood now. Kind of fun too. Plus how would the PVC do outdoors...? I'd imagine MDO lasts longer than PVC.

Just thoughts is all.

I can't say exactly how long but from what I have gathered it will last just as long if not longer than MDO. Exterior use should be painted to protect it from the UV rays of the sun.

I have fallen in love with the stuff, it machines like MDF.

SSG_SIGNS

We have found that if want to use pvc outdoors and you want to paint it a dark color don't use the white use black, if you paint a white PVC dark it will potato chip, but if you prime the black & paint it whatever color you are using it won't, it's amazing.