• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone doing bumper decals for car dealer lots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanaticus

I've got a customer right now who bought some precut window tint kits from me. 2 of them. One for a 06-08 Ram 2500 Crew Cab and another for a 98-01 1500 Standard cab.

He is mad because they don't fit. He sent a picture.

He is trying to install the 06-08 kit on the 98-01. No wonder they don't fit.

Now he wants us to replace them for free so his customer doesn't get mad and take his 'job' elsewhere.

We deal with morons like this EVERY DAY.

Now we'll block his IP from being able to buy from us again. I'm sure he'll use his friends phone next time, or buy an iwatch and buy from us that way. GRRRRRR

It's off subject. I know. Oh well.

Techman

The only negative I see are the people doing the name calling and put downs.

You are being called out. They are calling your tune. You came to a place where too many are struggling to earn a living and you come in with the undercut attitude. You fell into earning some money because you charged a way too low price and got used by others for the cheapness of your work. Then show us you are not a real business and have no intention of becoming legitimate. You insulted those who did the penance to become a real business by flaunting your non-business status. Some are asking you get out.. What would you expect?

Have a good day.

Colt

You are being called out. They are calling your tune. You came to a place where too many are struggling to earn a living and you come in with the undercut attitude. You fell into earning some money because you charged a way too low price and got used by others for the cheapness of your work. Then show us you are not a real business and have no intention of becoming legitimate. You insulted those who did the penance to become a real business by flaunting your non-business status. Some are asking you get out.. What would you expect?

Have a good day.

You don't know what you are talking about. You are making up stuff to fulfill your agenda. You don't know what I charge, and you don't know the quality of my work to even be able to comment on it. Don't you have cheap quality work to get back to so someone else can come back and do it the right way?

Bigdawg

Just Me
Colt... let me give you some friendly advice. If you don't want people to reply to your posts in a negative manner... try acting like a professional business man instead of some kid with a cricut. Not saying that you are (either one of them), but I will tell you that your professional persona leaves a lot to be desired.

We all ask questions. That's what this board is for. But when you walk into a professional forum and your first interaction is how you are going to cut pricing to beat your local sign guy because you are operating out of your basement (garage, attic, whatever) with hardly any overhead, don't expect us to welcome that with open arms. The members here will call you out. You should expect it and if you are going to become the king of cheap pricing my last piece of advice is to get thicker skin. You're gonna need it.

Colt

Colt... let me give you some friendly advice. If you don't want people to reply to your posts in a negative manner... try acting like a professional business man instead of some kid with a cricut. Not saying that you are (either one of them), but I will tell you that your professional persona leaves a lot to be desired.

We all ask questions. That's what this board is for. But when you walk into a professional forum and your first interaction is how you are going to cut pricing to beat your local sign guy because you are operating out of your basement (garage, attic, whatever) with hardly any overhead, don't expect us to welcome that with open arms. The members here will call you out. You should expect it and if you are going to become the king of cheap pricing my last piece of advice is to get thicker skin. You're gonna need it.

Is name calling acting professional and allowed here on the board? I haven't done any of that. People can disagree on things. But I don't accept someone as a professional who has to resort to childish tactics like name calling to try and throw mud at the other guy. Or try to make accusations like my quality is cheap when they have never seen my work. It's not professional but actually amateurish. I've got thick skin, but usually people that have to resort to name calling have none and will whine.

Shadowglen

You don't know what you are talking about. You are making up stuff to fulfill your agenda. You don't know what I charge, and you don't know the quality of my work to even be able to comment on it. Don't you have cheap quality work to get back to so someone else can come back and do it the right way?

Well now, this comment speaks volumes. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Here! These guys want you to come over to there message board and slam their profession.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/forum.php?

Techman

Want some Cheese with that Whine? Should we call the Whaaaaaambulance? Did you get all Butt Hurt? Was your whine made with sourgrapes?

Anyway,, Undercutters and low ballers are considered backstabbers. Right now your position is that of a low baller and undercutter.

No one minds a noob trying to get education. But a whine fest will not help your image and neither will your present business demeanor. Go get yoru credentials and not ask for a shortcut to a quick buck..

Colt

Want some Cheese with that Whine? Should we call the Whaaaaaambulance? Did you get all Butt Hurt? Was your whine made with sourgrapes?

Anyway,, Undercutters and low ballers are considered backstabbers. Right now your position is that of a low baller and undercutter.

No one minds a noob trying to get education. But a whine fest will not help your image and neither will your present business demeanor. Go get yoru credentials and not ask for a shortcut to a quick buck..

I've got the wholesale cheese. You've got the whine that I marked up and sold to you.

Bigdawg

Just Me
In all honesty I see one place (and I reread the whole dang thread) that someone called you a jackhole. Otherwise saying you are unprofessional or a hobbyist just doesn't rise to the level of name-calling in my book. But maybe that's just me.

But let me tell you what I see...

I see someone that posted a request.
I saw members jump in and try to give you advice.
I saw you shoot down every bit of it.
I saw people get tired of trying to tell you the way a professional sign person would do the job.
I saw you post something about it being a hobby (later recanted).
I saw people get mad because some hobbyist is trying to undercut local sign shops.
I saw you change that to you are a part-time business.
I saw people not give a damn that you said that because everything you posted screamed "hobbyist."
I saw you get your panties in a twist because you didn't like the way people were talking to you.
I saw you call a long-time member a cheap hack (not in those words, but we got your drift).
I see you upset because you weren't treated better.

And here we are.

I wish you success in your ventures... but am doubtful that will be the case because in my experience, low price gets you customers that only buy on low price. They will always expect it. For you, the opportunity to actually make a living creating signs will become a burden instead of a joy when you realize how little you are making. Maybe that's a solid business plan -maybe not.

Edited to add: just saw Tech's post so yep - there is some more name calling. But like I said. If you want to compete on price, expect others to call you a lowballer or undercutter - if you had read the board much at all before you posted... you should have expected that.

Shadowglen

The jackhole comment was me. and I professionally stand behind it! :ROFLMAO:

Dude you disrespected everyone on this board that tried to help you. watch the tone from the very beginning and see where it all went south.

Colt

The jackhole comment was me. and I professionally stand behind it! :ROFLMAO:

Dude you disrespected everyone on this board that tried to help you. watch the tone from the very beginning and see where it all went south.

We can agree to disagree.

Shadowglen

We can agree to disagree.

on What?

the jackhole or that you disrespected everyone on this board that tried to help you?

I think I am spot on with both, but you can exist in your delusional world and think otherwise.

You never Thanked a single person that was giving you advice instead you retorted and had to give your know-it-all 2 cents Tongue-in-cheek arrogant remarks. And in the end you do what everyone was telling you to doing the first place.

So when it is all said and done how many people are going to help next time you have a question on this board?

Mosh

Colt, your mother and I had a talk this morning, we think it is about time you got a job, 8 years of college is enough...and also she wants you to bring her Cricut back upstairs. -Your new Step Daddy Mosh.-

Status
Not open for further replies.