• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention HP l25500 owners!

ProColorGraphics

BigfishDM I'm sorry we didn't see your post earlier. We bought a L25500 this afternoon. The price was $13,575.00 with the loader and $1,000.00 worth of start-up films all delivered to our door. Tomorrow is the last day of the HP discount promotion and we couldn't imagine a better deal that that. If you had the same deal, then I'm very sorry we didn't see this post earlier.
We're going to try to find a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor heater circuit board to see if we can keep the old girl running.

Thanks to Signs 101 for all the help we received finding the right printer.

P

Where did you purchase that from as I am VERY interested!

jayhawksigns

I think our quotes were close to that amount. Received two in that price range and a couple others a few thousand more. Planning on calling the dealer when we get in in the morning to get ours coming.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
BigfishDM I'm sorry we didn't see your post earlier. We bought a L25500 this afternoon. The price was $13,575.00 with the loader and $1,000.00 worth of start-up films all delivered to our door. Tomorrow is the last day of the HP discount promotion and we couldn't imagine a better deal that that. If you had the same deal, then I'm very sorry we didn't see this post earlier.
We're going to try to find a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor heater circuit board to see if we can keep the old girl running.

P

Thats fine just make sure if you do posters give me a call. I have a full line of medias as well.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

P

Where did you end up buying it from?

tattoo.dan

P
That is almost same deal we are debating with the same deadline....hard to pass up I think...

Baz

Is that price for the 42" model? HP's website says it is starting at $ 19,950.00 and i have seen the 60" model go for over 26k up here in Canada.

tattoo.dan

I am sure that is 60". That is what my quote was for and mine was like $200ish more. No rip though. Already have it. Take-up, $1000 in material, ink, shipping, install, 2 day training, and 2 or 3 year support...

Baz

13k for a 60" machine??? Christ ... Why the f... is it more than double that price up here???? You can bet your ass that my next purchase will be down south.

I just purchased a laser engraver and i had gotten suggestions from a member living in the US on other brands to look at and he was shocked to learn on the prices i had gotten. Just seems everything up here is ALLOT more expensive than what you guys in the US pay for. And there is no reason for it anymore with our dollar being on par for quite a while now.

I feel we are getting robbed up here.

Last edited:

signswi

Sounds like you should set up a shop on this side and mail the prints to your shop on that side!

I mean, nevermind, don't do that, want to buy some prints? Wisconsin is practically Canada!

:thumb:

Tim Aucoin

Is that price for the 42" model? HP's website says it is starting at $ 19,950.00 and i have seen the 60" model go for over 26k up here in Canada.

Hey Baz... actually, I purchased mine here last December for just over $19K with two (full) sets of ink included. Onyx was extra though... not sure if the $13K US price tag includes the software?

As others have said, I'm very pleased with this printer. No oily problems for me in the first 8 months of operation. I've gotten away with all canned profiles and the results are stunning. For those running 3M vinyl (IJ180 or IJ35, etc.) just try the built in "HP Glossy Adhesive Vinyl" profile and you'll be surprised at the results!

Sure the loading takes some time to get used to, but it really does become second nature. It's a much better system (in my opinion) than the free-rolling system on my old 540v. The take-up reel does a great job. Just don't forget to use the weight tubes (or whatever they're called) in conjunction with the winder. I've let this thing run all night and come in to a lot of nicely finished work!

The inks seem to go on and on. Just when I think I'm going to have to change a cartridge, I get another 10 banners and 20 posters out of it!

Speak to BigFish about his poster media... it is EXCELLENT paper. I order it and have him ship it up here to me. Very good price for a very good product. Runs extremely well on the Latex. I am also very interested in his adhesive vinyl products. I'll be testing them this fall also! :thumb::thumb:

tattoo.dan

13k for a 60" machine??? Christ ... Why the f... is it more than double that price up here???? You can bet your ass that my next purchase will be down south.

I just purchased a laser engraver and i had gotten suggestions from a member living in the US on other brands to look at and he was shocked to learn on the prices i had gotten. Just seems everything up here is ALLOT more expensive than what you guys in the US pay for. And there is no reason for it anymore with our dollar being on par for quite a while now.

I feel we are getting robbed up here.

Possibly, but don't you guys have free health insurance up there?!? And don't feel bad. I got a quote from same place for same printer 3 months ago and it was about 20k. They just dropped in price this last month...

Baz

Possibly, but don't you guys have free health insurance up there?!? And don't feel bad. I got a quote from same place for same printer 3 months ago and it was about 20k. They just dropped in price this last month...

There is no such thing as FREE health insurance. We pay for it through our taxes whether we use it or not. AND ... gas is at 5.12$ a gallon. I think the only advantage we have is that we don't pay taxes on lottery winnings...

The price drop would explain the difference. When i was looking it was listed at 26k. This reminds me of when i bought my SC500 brand new back in 2002 ... I paid 40k and within 6 months it droped down to 25k ... Man was i pissed. Still even if Tim (T3) paid just a little over 19k and you americans are paying just over 13k ... It's still worth it IMO to drive down and save 6k !!! I'm only an hour and a half drive away from the US border.

Latigo

I'll answer this one. Dad's gone now.
It came from Advantage Sign Supply, but there will be a problem now. Today was the last day of the HP promotional sale. We got in just under the wire. Yes, its a 60" L25500 with all accessories, start up inks and $1,000.00 worth of start up film. The price was $13,675.00 delivered to Kalispell. Price included all software and 105 profiles.
I couldn't believe it either, but there it is. Thanks to a lot of you for good advice!

Latigo

jayhawksigns

Matt from Advantage told me it had to ship by the 31st. Looks like HP may have a few more users because of this promotion.

Hoping to hear when ours will be in tomorrow.

Latigo

Ours shipped yesterday an will be here tomorrow. I can't believe how fast that thing shipped!

Latigo

signswi

Took delivery on one yesterday. At that price they're like the HP Touchpad $99 firesale...why NOT buy one (or six). :thumb: I was tempted to buy one personally to stick in my basement at home just to play with. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: