• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention HP l25500 owners!

gnemmas

I will deal with my dealer, Nusign Supply. Which is 40 minutes away from us.

Colorado, I know you are a big AXX sign shop, buying two HP a a time, and stock hundreds back up cartridges. Everybody here got that, OK? If you Humvee does not start this morning, I bet you have a spare one as well!

I am a small guy, managed to have one back up cartridge for each color, that is all.

Does that have anything to do with the problem with HP's products? Does you dealer warn you that you should stock bunch a back up cartridges BEFORE you bought the printer? That HP is known to have bad cartridges?

Bly

Yeah sometimes the printer tells me the carts are faulty and/or need reseating.
I might even have to reseat them a few times but usually they come good.
Designjets self diagnosis system can be a little too sensitive at times.

kyjoe340

I was getting an error message saying to replace faulty cartridge, tried several times to reseat but no luck. After talking to an HP tech I very carefully cleaned the contacts with alcohol and a long swab, both on the cartridge and in the machine. It's been working fine but HP sent a new one anyway.

HulkSmash

I will deal with my dealer, Nusign Supply. Which is 40 minutes away from us.

Colorado, I know you are a big AXX sign shop, buying two HP a a time, and stock hundreds back up cartridges. Everybody here got that, OK? If you Humvee does not start this morning, I bet you have a spare one as well!

I am a small guy, managed to have one back up cartridge for each color, that is all.

Does that have anything to do with the problem with HP's products? Does you dealer warn you that you should stock bunch a back up cartridges BEFORE you bought the printer? That HP is known to have bad cartridges?

My shop isn't that big... at all. I buy maybe 2k a month from my printer provider, the rest elsewhere.. it has nothing to do with my buying volume it's just good plain customer service.

ProWraps

well, my hummer has its own hp latex mounted on a swivel mount next to my tailgater grill, so when my carts dont work, i just go out, start it up, pop in one of my hundreds of carts (no i kid, i only stock 7 full sets), and print right out of my car!

btw. im a one man shop.

ProColorGraphics

Does the ink show somewhat transparent to let the color be slightly reflective?

The semi lettering I have done so far had a bunch of fades in it, so you could notice the reflective parts. Where the ink was solid, it wasn't quite as noticeable, but I still liked the finished product.

gnemmas

Nusign Supply says there are master (?) distributors for hp that they have to buy from, that is objecting them from replacing faulty cartridges. So Nusign is in fact a 2nd tier dealer. That is why they have to sell ink at $135ea, where some other dealers at $110 or less.

That make sense, hp is so huge.

Two days, we got two auto-generated email acknowledgment about our request for tech support, and still, no hp tech is calling us back as promised yet. At least Nusign Technician will be here this morning.