• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention HP l25500 owners!

Suz

Suz,
IT is an HP promotion, not and Advantage or dealer promotion.....
Find an old board that is damaged out of another printer, they don't need your board if your printer is working, they just need A board......... I'm sure if you ask around, you can find a blown up motherboard to give them for the promotion.......

Case

Case, well that sounds like a Scavenger hunt, not a dealer promotion. Haha! Sorry (again) Advantage, my bad. When I was a kid, we would go on Scavenger hunts at slumber parties. You team up with a partner and and everyone has the same list of weird things they have to collect... You run around the neighborhood asking things, knocking on doors. First one to collect all the items on the list wins. :)

quicksigns

Has anyone have anything bad to say about the l25500? So far its a great machine other then the loading and unloading of material? I'm ready to buy one but someone from somewhere is telling me that it gets really hot and a lot of people are getting rid of it cause its causing a fire. Anyone here heard of that?

HulkSmash

Has anyone have anything bad to say about the l25500? So far its a great machine other then the loading and unloading of material? I'm ready to buy one but someone from somewhere is telling me that it gets really hot and a lot of people are getting rid of it cause its causing a fire. Anyone here heard of that?

causing a fire? I have heard that like a year ago, but no.. not at all.

It's a great machine. It does get hot, but it's not going to cause a fire.. and it doesn't warm a room like people think it does.. it retains its heat quite well. When you start it up, you will smell the vinyl getting hot.. so far for us, great machine.

njshorts

At first I didn't find it odd...

It seemed like i was getting a "special" price because I had a Mutoh... So HP would give me the "hookup" and take the motherboard... I saw this as hp's attempt to take out a competitors machine...

Now after seeing the same price//better other places... I have no idea why they wanted my motherboard?!

you can get better deals this week... but if you need another motherboard, we've got a few falcon boards.

signswi

causing a fire? I have heard that like a year ago, but no.. not at all.

It's a great machine. It does get hot, but it's not going to cause a fire.. and it doesn't warm a room like people think it does.. it retains its heat quite well. When you start it up, you will smell the vinyl getting hot.. so far for us, great machine.

Sure heats up our room. Definitely a great machine though not too much you can say that's a bad about it other than the mentioned take up which really isn't AWFUL just fussy.

The only thing you can really knock it on is that ink drop size is relatively large (3x larger than the GS6000) but that's hardly an issue in most signage work.

pro rapper

Okay, I'm interest in getting one. Who has the best deal out there for a l25500? I'm in Houston, TX.
Mines on the way from advantage,13.000 with 1600 in materials + 2 sets of ink s/h and set up in my shop.I added onyx p/s//x10. all 4 15.600. hope that helps:peace!: the new guy........tim and they have a w/h in dallas

kyjoe340

I've read this somewhere but can't find it. What's the ink cost per sq ft if you have total coverage? My L25500 is doing great but I could have waited a month and gotten the extra set of inks for the same price I paid.

Suz

I've read this somewhere but can't find it. What's the ink cost per sq ft if you have total coverage? My L25500 is doing great but I could have waited a month and gotten the extra set of inks for the same price I paid.

kyjoe, I know, I thought the same thing. But then again, you have your machine set up, running, making money. So that is all good!

gnemmas

You better have a back up printer, or a tons of back up cartridges.

Perhaps it make it's chip reader so sensitive or sophisticated, that even HP OEM can not make the chips on the ink cartridge working!!

Turn on the printer this morning, LM ink cartridge not reading, reseat, no dice. Put in a new spare one, still not reading. Called HP, girl said will rush two new cartridge out. In the meantime, printer is down.

HP will not let dealers replacing faulty cartridges, what the fxxx!

HulkSmash

You better have a back up printer, or a tons of back up cartridges.

Perhaps it make it's chip reader so sensitive or sophisticated, that even HP OEM can not make the chips on the ink cartridge working!!

Turn on the printer this morning, LM ink cartridge not reading, reseat, no dice. Put in a new spare one, still not reading. Called HP, girl said will rush two new cartridge out. In the meantime, printer is down.

HP will not let dealers replacing faulty cartridges, what the fxxx!

Um, Our dealer replaces them. And then when we receive the ink, or part, or whatever went wrong with the printer from HP, we just give it to them as replacement.

And if i found myself to be needing a ink cartridge... wouldn't it be worth your while to spend 100 bucks, and buy it from a local supplier, to not be out a full days printing.... which could potentially cost you thousands..?