• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention HP l25500 owners!

Baz

That was High Plains Digital mentioning Proveer in Canada. I haven't checked myself.

Thanks for your post Tim. I apreciate your opinion and expertise with it and look forward to reading some more as time goes on.

MGraphics

Proveer Canada is offering the L25500 for $20,000 including rip and Spectrometer. We just got a wuote from them the other day.

MGraphics

they say they are " throughin it in" so i would asume it is the same price without it. We did get a quote for $17,500 for machine only.. not sure who it was from someone back east i think.. show special price....

MGraphics

Yup... i heard you can purchase on from the states but its against HP's rules and will not cover it if soemthing happens... so no warrenty... and yes Baz we do get screwed up here.... i guess we are just to polite eh!!!

signage

Here's to you Canadians from South Dakota :omg:

...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• mount-rushmore-rear.jpg
    mount-rushmore-rear.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 111

kyjoe340

Unfortunately I have to reverse my praise of Signlab 9 as a rip for the L25500. 2 weeks ago it developed an error when trying to print, which then shuts the program down. This week I had the entire Signlab tech dept working on my computer 6 hours a day for 4 days! The first day was 1 guy working with it, the second 2, and the last 2 days 6, so I mean that literally....everybody. And they all came up with nothing. HP's tech support was unable to help also. I'm still hoping for a fix but I have no expectations. I'll be trying the Onyx trial version later this week hopefully. I hate it because Signlab's sales dept assured me that it worked fine with the HP latex.

iSign

...I have no expectations. I'll be trying the Onyx trial version later this week hopefully. I hate it because Signlab's sales dept assured me that it worked fine with the HP latex.

Bummer... sorry to hear of so much difficulty...Guess I won't be selling Signlab in this thread :omg:

I bought Signlab *(version 8 I think) for about $2000 maybe 5 years ago...
after about 1 year, I stopped using it & would offer to sell it for $900
complete with like new box, disc, documentation and dongle...

bigben

Proveer Canada is offering the L25500 for $20,000 including rip and Spectrometer. We just got a wuote from them the other day.

Actually, the promotion is:

-L25500 (60in)
-Onyx postershop 10.1
-Onyx sign&banner
-I1 spectrometer
-ink set, delivery, install, training, inc.

Price 21k$

I have a price quote here with this deal + upgrade to production house and 1000$ of credit for media/ink for 22,7k$. Not bad at all.

Not bad. The deal is made by HP directly, so all the dealers have the same promotion.

Baz

22 700$ is not bad when you just think of a 60" printer. But look at the difference the same printer is going for down south and there is no justification for such a huge difference in price.

bigben

22 700$ is not bad when you just think of a 60" printer. But look at the difference the same printer is going for down south and there is no justification for such a huge difference in price.

I've made the math and if you buy the printer in the us at 13k + buy all the same thing and your add shipping and broker fees, you only have 1000$ difference. For someone who just want the printer, yes take it in the US.

rjssigns

i1 spectro

Why would you need an "offline" i1 spectro? It is my understanding the L25500 has one built in. Or is it just used for internal calibration not setting profiles?

bigben

Why would you need an "offline" i1 spectro? It is my understanding the L25500 has one built in. Or is it just used for internal calibration not setting profiles?

You're right. You can not use the built in spectrometer to create profiles.

rjssigns

i1 on L25500

Thanks for the heads up, but what a bummer it can't be used for profiling. I wonder if it could be hacked? You'd think the optics are the same just a different set of drivers.

dypinc

Thanks for the heads up, but what a bummer it can't be used for profiling. I wonder if it could be hacked? You'd think the optics are the same just a different set of drivers.

The built in spectrometer certainly can be used for linearization and profiling with the right RIP.

I can select it and use it for linearization and profiling with the ColorGate RIP. With the Fiery XF RIP I can't

However with the ColorGate RIP it waists a enormous amount of media so I just use the i1Pro for linearization and profiling. It also take longer too although you can be doing something else but you do have to interact with it such as setting light ink curves and ink limits.

kyjoe340

Anyone print a banner 2 sided with the L25500? I don't see why there would be a problem heating the ink again the second time through. I guess the problem is getting the registration just right.

signswi

I've seen it done but I haven't managed yet. The Feller's "suave" we used for double sided on our JV3 doesn't handle two passes of heat very well. After the first time through it buckles a bit too much as it's 3 layers of material.

The process isn't too difficult it's finding the right material that's tricky.