• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention HP l25500 owners!

kyjoe340

I've got a call in to Advantage tech support a day and a half ago, no call back yet. I'll ask them what material to use, if it's successful I'll post it. That is if I ever get my HP working. I'm past the 2 week point with not being able to print. I got a trial version of Onyx and I'm getting error messages with it "server executable has stopped working". It may simply be a small problem with my settings, I'm new to Onyx.

kyjoe340

I have good news. Finally my printer is up and running again. And working great with Signlab 9's rip. After installing Onyx and getting error messages there also, to make long story short my antivirus was causing the problem with Signlab and Onyx. Turned it off and everything works great. Best of all I don't have to spend another $2,500 on software.

Suz

Kyjoe,

That is happy news, yay!!!!
:wink::goodpost::cool1::rock-n-roll::thumb::peace!::notworthy::loveya::smile::toasting::clapping::tongue::unclesam:
Here are all the happy icons I could find for you.
Now go make some stuff!

Bly

Mine was delivered yesterday. Powered it up and it seems to have a fried power supply. No biggie. I have other printers and haven't forked out any cash yet.

dtdm

I have read through all the l25500 posts/threads...
I have been in contact with Advantage.
What they have told me is that if they (assuming hp) is allowed to take the motherboard from my Mutoh falcon. That I can get it shipped/setup/trained... and a copy of flexi print10... for 12.5k.

Has anyone else had to turn in their motherboards? I feel this is not the best route for me... the falcon is paid for... perfect working order... and I would hope to pull between 3-4k for it.

I will be in contact with grimco and others tomorrow... see what other deals are out there.

I would buy one tomorrow, if I were able to keep my Mutoh to do with what I wish.

RobbyMac

If your falcon is the only other printer in the shop I wouldnt do it. the HP is a good printer for alot of things, but it's not for everything, and theres a learning curve. Our mimaki never skips a beat when the hp can't handle a substrate, and we'd be screwed without our workhorse backup.

dtdm

^yah not having a backup isnt the worst thing for me.

I just haven't seen any where in this thread about requiring a motherboard to get the deal...

Suz

That sounds really odd, what is the purpose? This would render your Mutoh Falcon useless and ready for the landfill. Not such a "green" thing to do from a Dealer who is selling you "green" technology. Sorry Advantage, but that seems weird to me.

What are they going to do with your motherboard? Trash it? Fix someone else's Mutoh? Personally, I would not do it and I was never told I'd have to trade anything to get the deal that I was offered on my HP Latex. The negotiating (in my case) seemed to be with what materials I was getting or not getting, if I could use my own Technician verses their Technician, and if shipping was included or not. Good luck to you. Hope you are able to work out a deal that works for you. :)

I have read through all the l25500 posts/threads...
I have been in contact with Advantage.
What they have told me is that if they (assuming hp) is allowed to take the motherboard from my Mutoh falcon. That I can get it shipped/setup/trained... and a copy of flexi print10... for 12.5k.

Has anyone else had to turn in their motherboards? I feel this is not the best route for me... the falcon is paid for... perfect working order... and I would hope to pull between 3-4k for it.

I will be in contact with grimco and others tomorrow... see what other deals are out there.

I would buy one tomorrow, if I were able to keep my Mutoh to do with what I wish.

dtdm

At first I didn't find it odd...

It seemed like i was getting a "special" price because I had a Mutoh... So HP would give me the "hookup" and take the motherboard... I saw this as hp's attempt to take out a competitors machine...

Now after seeing the same price//better other places... I have no idea why they wanted my motherboard?!

Zul

Hi All:

I've heard the power draw/power usage on this machine is quite high. A few of my clients (I'm a distributor sales rep) who are smaller shops who have this noticed an appreciable increase in their electrical bill once the machine was in. Any thoughts on this?

Suz

At first I didn't find it odd...

Now after seeing the same price//better other places... I have no idea why they wanted my motherboard?!

...exactly! I'd ask them what the price is without trading in your motherboard. You never offered to trade it in, right? Maybe they just figured you would not be using that printer any longer and they would use it to refurb another one. I'd keep it for backup though, just incase. When you get the new HP, you can either make enough to fix your old one, then decide what to do with it yourself. If you have time and space to store it that is.

Case

That sounds really odd, what is the purpose? This would render your Mutoh Falcon useless and ready for the landfill. Not such a "green" thing to do from a Dealer who is selling you "green" technology. Sorry Advantage, but that seems weird to me.

What are they going to do with your motherboard? Trash it? Fix someone else's Mutoh? Personally, I would not do it and I was never told I'd have to trade anything to get the deal that I was offered on my HP Latex. The negotiating (in my case) seemed to be with what materials I was getting or not getting, if I could use my own Technician verses their Technician, and if shipping was included or not. Good luck to you. Hope you are able to work out a deal that works for you. :)

Suz,
IT is an HP promotion, not and Advantage or dealer promotion.....

It is very common place to have promotions where the motherboards are removed from a printer for a Manufacturer promotion..........

Find an old board that is damaged out of another printer, they don't need your board if your printer is working, they just need A board......... I'm sure if you ask around, you can find a blown up motherboard to give them for the promotion.......

Case

Freese

Hi All:

I've heard the power draw/power usage on this machine is quite high. A few of my clients (I'm a distributor sales rep) who are smaller shops who have this noticed an appreciable increase in their electrical bill once the machine was in. Any thoughts on this?

Of course their bill will go up, they are using a printer they didn't have before (unless it replaced another machine)

This is copied and pasted from an HP Document detailing myths about the machine;
---
Original Product Data Sheet stated that the printer consumed 4.8 kW
This was incorrect and has since been corrected
The printer uses 4.3kW on warm up and only 2.7kW thereafter
A comparable eco-solvent printer without an extra heater or fan will use less
When you add an extra heater or fan to dry the prints, energy consumption is similar
Solvent users who employ an air scrubber and fans/extra heaters actually use more power
The Power Cost per Copy is less than 1%
A Mutoh without extra fans or heaters will use approximately $7.65 in electricity per month
The L25500 running the same amount will use approximately $26.25 based on average US energy costs
At 4 hours per day this equals 7,760 sq ft per month, which means that the actual difference is $.002 psf
The above calculations include the warm up time required for L25500 from a cold start
220V power is not more expensive than 110V
Printer is Energy Star compliant and has a low power sleep mode
--

jayhawksigns

It is very common place to have promotions where the motherboards are removed from a printer for a Manufacturer promotion..........
Best part about it for HP, they take a competitors machine out without having to actually dispose of the whole printer.

Zul

DRS6222 - I meant power consumption in comparison to a solvent inkjet, like a Mimaki or a Mutoh. I see you posted the Mutoh/HP comparison so thanks for that, came across it before and was looking for it.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Find an old board that is damaged out of another printer, they don't need your board if your printer is working, they just need A board......... I'm sure if you ask around, you can find a blown up motherboard to give them for the promotion

i have a spent roland fj50 MB if any one needs it