• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention HP l25500 owners!

Bly

Thanks B! and does onyx also drive the cutting part or do you run that from VW?

There's a separate app called CutServer that does the cutting. You should probably email their sales team to make sure this workflow is going to be ok for you.

Custom_Grafx

Cool thanks, will do. Won't be for another year or two though :( You reckon HP will ever integrate cutting into their machines?

TheSellOut

HEY!

Colorado..good eye. It DOES kinda look like our logo! hmmmmm......

I see the similarities now that they are pointed out, and think Forges logo could have been of some inspiration, but think both are quite unique to themselves!

Both are great and besides, if Dan Antonelli did get inspired from my work...I would be truly honored!!

As far as the printer...I will have to look and see if the price I was quoted included rip and freight. If not, it sounds like I should be working the salesman a bit harder!

HulkSmash

I see the similarities now that they are pointed out, and think Forges logo could have been of some inspiration, but think both are quite unique to themselves!

Both are great and besides, if Dan Antonelli did get inspired from my work...I would be truly honored!!

As far as the printer...I will have to look and see if the price I was quoted included rip and freight. If not, it sounds like I should be working the salesman a bit harder!

Didn't know who made it, and wasnt saying it in a negative way, just reminded me of it.

TheSellOut

CO, I didn't think there was any negativity in any of the posts, and hope mine didn't come across that way either!

I was in your state last month CO, and really wanted to make the time to track you down, but had a wedding to attend in Colorado Springs and got caught up in all the sight seeing!

TheSellOut

I know, I was in Denver for two days too!! I think we drove by another members shop when driving downtown. I have a lot of family out that way and we would like to plan another trip soon, so I won't let the opportunity slip by twice!!

Colorado is a magnificent place, since a wee child I have visited many times and it brings a tear to my eye every time I leave! Now that my wife has experienced it herself, she is all about moving there!

Last edited:

HulkSmash

I know, I was in Denver for two days too!! I think we drove by another members shop when driving downtown. I have a lot of family out that way and we would like to plan another trip soon, so I won't let the opportunity slip by twice!!

Colorado is a magnificent place, since a wee child I have visited many times and it brings a tear to my eye every time I leave! Now that my wife has experienced it herself, she is all about moving there!

ummmmmmmmmmmm
if you do look us up. Maybe we could use a new employee :thumb:

jasonx

Hey guys, Had my machine setup today. Didn't test the take up and now running a job.

Its night time so won't have access to the tech till the morning so I figured someone here might be able to help.

I can't get my take up reel going. Its lit up green and I enabled the take up reel on the machine but set it to take up during printing. I taped it to the core with the print facing outwards and put the black plastic core in there. I dropped the loading table too and set the take up to switch position 2. No automatic take up.

Am I missing something obvious?

jasonx

The media will almost touch the floor before it takes any up, it isn't a tension like setup on a JV3, it just takes up slack.

Cheers but my media is on the floor. I'm using the blue switches to manually wind it up at the moment.

Is the media meant to have like 1 metre on the floor I haven't let more then that touch the ground.

jayhawksigns

It sounds like something wasn't setup completely.

Did you enable the take-up reel in the menu system on the printer? That obviously should work, but we were told to just leave that off.

For the take-up reel it shoots a beam from the front right of the printer across to a module on the cross support on the bottom of the stand towards the left side. Might just try to trace out both units and make sure everything is plugged in. There is also a cable that plugs in in the area where you plug in the network cable as well.

jasonx

There is probably a problem with the take up unit. I enabled it on the printer and that didn't work.

I then tried it with the method of loading it from the printer and it sends out the media etc etc. When I finished the take up unit starting taking up all the slack and jammed the plastic dancer roll and jammed the machine. Looks like there might be a slight problem there.

jasonx

Did you get this sorted out today? Not sure how far behind us you are down under?

Hey thanks for your help. It was the sensor in the shoe the one directly under the take up unit that wasn't working. Had that changed and the take up works perfectly now.