• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boat Registration Numbers

slappy

What are you getting for them for cast vinyl?

for say a 3" block font x 24" in length?

I just did 4 total, but two of them were white blocks to cover up the old painted registration numbers currently on the boat.... all cast black and white vinyl.

Thinking about $45, but just sounds high to me..............

Malkin

We have a standard rate of $17.95/pair 1 color or $31.95/pair for 2 color.

Been using that rate for at least 10 or 15 years and hardly ever a complaint.

Of course, custom designed or color matching would be extra....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just did two sets last week for a guy.

Gave them to him. :Big Laugh

His company spends about $15,000 a year with us between trucks and signs.

However, your price sounds good.....:thumb:

John Butto

Deja vu

So as you are walking up the drive way with a pizza and liter of Coke and someone stops you and ask "how much for some boat registration numbers". Your reply should be...

slappy

Thanks guys!
I got $50 with no questions asked, he jsut came in for them. Plus I always give a squeegee too with an order.

I should however make a form up to give people on how to install them. I've been wanting to do that for some time but get side tracked...

slappy

"I'M OFF DUTY LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

Heheh.....

We charge $45/set for 1 color cast vinyl..... either block or rounded font.

Anything custom, printed, or even domed....becomes much more expensive.

We did some nice ones a while back, chrome vinyl with doming resin - the customer loved them.

Hey Pat,
what doming resin are you using? I've been looking into doing those also... thanks

Mosh

One color cast $15 per pair, print/cut fancy ones $25-$35 a pair....
NOT installed, unless it is a friend and there is beer present.

I get cheap squeegies from fellers, those you show have the supplier's phone number on it, last thing I want a customer to have.

slappy

that would be cool with the squeegees.. i'll look into that.

thanks Pat for the info. I'm going to call them Monday.

Sign Works

One color cast $15 per pair, print/cut fancy ones $25-$35 a pair....
NOT installed, unless it is a friend and there is beer present.

I get cheap squeegies from fellers, those you show have the supplier's phone number on it, last thing I want a customer to have.

Mosh wake up man, they print them with your info on them. You can download the template and design whatever you want on them. I think there about 80 bucks for 200 with free shipping, not a bad deal at all.

Mosh

Sorry, it is too muddy to plant so I am "hitting it hard" this afternoon....

Yeah $15, I guess I will charge $17.50!

OldPaint

its not me and MOSH... thats crazy, its you who are charging $50 for a set ARE!!!!!!
most of the time, i use a piece of "leftover" vinyl for this and at $5 -7.50 A SIDE....... is realistic. single color ARIAL BLACK!!!!
i do DOT # FOR $20 A SET...........but then i dont give away a set of magnetics for $35.00)))))

We charge $1.45 per letter for 3" letters in premium cast vinyl. We count spaces as letters so in Illinois, having 10 digit registration numbers, that would come to $14.50 per side, or $29.00 for the pair. If they want them installed and it's out of my way, I charge a trip fee and $25.00 for the labor.

its not me and MOSH... thats crazy, its you who are charging $50 for a set ARE!!!!!!

If a shop has minimums, $50 isn't crazy at all. We just don't charge a minimum for this because it's a good easy way to get new customers in the door. There's not much easier than cutting some letters, but if a shop has better things to do and would rather not deal with it, I think $50 is more than fair.

D&Tgraphics

slapakiss said:
I should however make a form up to give people on how to install them. I've been wanting to do that for some time but get side tracked...

Steph, I'll email you an install "how to" sheet I give to customers.

reQ

We charge $20.00 for a set (plain single color) for extras like chrome\metallics\2-3 colors - $30.00

Jillbeans

I have a shop minimum of $50.
Anyone who is doing boat numbers for $15 or $20 a set is leaving money on the table.
:rolleyes:
I sell them uninstalled and always give a squeegee and an extra number in case they jack it up upon install.
If I am lettering the boat name, I will add in the numbers as part of the job.
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have to agree with Jill on this..... anyone wasting the time to figure out a price schedule for something so simple is really wasting time, besides leaving money on the table.

If you can't get $50, or there abouts for something which someone just spent a small fortune on, then you're doing something wrong.

There's no calculating or defending a price of 50 bucks for something so frivolous if you can do it with a straight face. :rolleyes: