• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bull.

grampa dan

I have a friend in Sweden who bought a commercial bread dough mixer to mix the sculpt. I looked into it seriously but decided against the idea for a couple of reasons. First is it takes as long to clean the equipment as it does to mix by hand. Secondly is that I can only apply it at my speed. If you mix a bunch ahead of time it will start to get hard before you can use it.

I'll stick with mixing it by hand. I hire students to do the task. I've found the ladies are better by far than any guy I've hired to do the task. Slow and steady beats a hotrod any day.

In the end it works out well for me and we use more of this stuff than most other sign makers around. We are working on our fourth ton of the epoxy since we found it and need to put in another order for our fifth ton soon. We go through a little more than a ton each year. But buying in bulk saves freight and I get a much better deal in volume. As long as the lids are kept on this stuff doesn't go bad.

The second bull's head is now almost done and we used a little more than a hundred pounds on this sign in total.

Here's another larger project we did with Sculpting Epoxy. It was molded over a welded steel frame covered with expanded mesh. The truck is about five feet long and five feet tall by 22 " wide.

dimensional_signs_3.jpg

-grampa dan

Last edited: