• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET Flatbed Printer Electrical Issues

RyanFelty

Aaron,
We are running an xpress 500 now. I would not say problem free though we did have problems at the beginning. One problem was that the printer was losing ink over night and they sent in a tech and resolved that issue. We also had an electrical issue our vacuum burnt up shortly after we had it. I believe this was due to the fact that the lamps and the suction were running off the same 220 which I believe has been a problem. They came in and installed a separate 220 one for the suction and one for the lamps. They were pretty good with coming in and taking care of it but the vacuum burning up scared me ha. We are running good right now and even they white ink has been great. It did take quite a while to get a resolution for our problems we went through what you are going through. I am just glad it got taken care of. I hope you have the best of luck and they take care of you. I am happy with the printer we have now so far and I am hoping it lasts!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, unless some extenuating circumstance has taken place, I think we need to know what the verdict is. :omg:

Letterbox Mike

Will report back soon, out of respect for Dave we can't go into detail right now but we do have an offer on the table from CET that we are currently reviewing.

I can't speak for Aaron though, this is just us.

Robert Gruner

I find it hard to believe that the CEO and part owner of a high tech printer company would post his comments to a disgruntled customer on a public forum? Maybe a PR or Marketing Mgr, but not the CEO?

I believe my proposal would include an agreement between both parties that there would be no more public forum posts until the problem was definitively resolved!

Time will tell.

LowenCertified

There are a lot of things regarding CET that are hard to believe. If anyone would like the details of the issues with our CET printer, CET's lack of ability to fix them, refusal to accept responsibility and refund our money, and the resultant legal action our company had to take, please send us a PM with your contact info. We will get back to you.

rlarkin

My 2 Cents - CET

After reading all these posts I debated to reply but felt I needed to since I probably am the most inexperienced person on this board when it comes to a print shop. I run a manufacturing plant that produces hotel furniture so i have a ton of experience with very expensive CNC equipment from the little $10,000 machine to the $1,000,000+ machines and I tell you what...they all have issues. What i need is a company who reacts when there are issues and works quickly to get issues resolved. And that is what CET has done for me. I have two CET printers...Xpress 1000 with 12 heads and QSeries with 20 heads. I am used to working on equipment, troubleshooting, and being realistic that things may break. Heck..look at Harley Davidson's they have built millions and millions of these motorcycles and yet they still have problems...even Toyota...Ford...GMC. My point is I had a few of these issues as well with CET but they were resolved in a respectful manner and with NO excuses and that to me is what is important. CET is fairly new company and YES they have some growing pains but are they running from them? No they are taking them head on and making things right...be patient..they will make things right. I am sure everyone on here knows what growing pains feels like...what letting down a customer feels like but I am not making excuses for CET. I do agree some quality control needs to be stepped as most companies need too as they go through rapid growth. I have worked with a handful of the techs...Carrie...and Dave personally and they have always stepped up on the FEW issues i have had. And to the comment about why is Dave, the owner, posting on this site...I admire and respect that. When there is an issue with any of my hotel clients it is myself that responds to the customer out of respect. I do sympathize with the issues some of you have experienced. I have faith in CET and I am glad to be an owner of one of their machines.

KevSign

After reading all these posts I debated to reply but felt I needed to since I probably am the most inexperienced person on this board when it comes to a print shop. I run a manufacturing plant that produces hotel furniture so i have a ton of experience with very expensive CNC equipment from the little $10,000 machine to the $1,000,000+ machines and I tell you what...they all have issues. What i need is a company who reacts when there are issues and works quickly to get issues resolved. And that is what CET has done for me. I have two CET printers...Xpress 1000 with 12 heads and QSeries with 20 heads. I am used to working on equipment, troubleshooting, and being realistic that things may break. Heck..look at Harley Davidson's they have built millions and millions of these motorcycles and yet they still have problems...even Toyota...Ford...GMC. My point is I had a few of these issues as well with CET but they were resolved in a respectful manner and with NO excuses and that to me is what is important. CET is fairly new company and YES they have some growing pains but are they running from them? No they are taking them head on and making things right...be patient..they will make things right. I am sure everyone on here knows what growing pains feels like...what letting down a customer feels like but I am not making excuses for CET. I do agree some quality control needs to be stepped as most companies need too as they go through rapid growth. I have worked with a handful of the techs...Carrie...and Dave personally and they have always stepped up on the FEW issues i have had. And to the comment about why is Dave, the owner, posting on this site...I admire and respect that. When there is an issue with any of my hotel clients it is myself that responds to the customer out of respect. I do sympathize with the issues some of you have experienced. I have faith in CET and I am glad to be an owner of one of their machines.

Who willing to help Dave at CET color to get perfect machine? Guinea pig? Those people hurting going to lost client and waste money and materials.

jasonx

An update with the resolution would reinforce your positive experience. The silence seems deafening.

KevSign

CET taking those machines back and bring to Disneyland let Mickey Mouse does a Magic :).
That's will save your reputation.

I am think to get Flora UV Roll to roll but buy used LX850 better choice.

HulkSmash

CET taking those machines back and bring to Disneyland let Mickey Mouse does a Magic :).
That's will save your reputation.

I am think to get Flora UV Roll to roll but buy used LX850 better choice.

What? If you're going to insult a company at least do it so they understand.

jasonx

Perhaps both parties have agreed to a private resolution that does not include public disclosure? :)

This is probably the case Robert. But it seems odd to have a customer make a problem public then to have the CEO publicly defend it and then to say nothing further.

Letting the public know about the resolution and the efforts they went to resolve the problem would only be good for CET you would have thought.

Hopefully it is resolved and everyone is happy. In life its not about being perfect, its about the actions you take when you're not.

Bly

Wow. It wasn't so long ago these CET flatbeds were the flavour of the month on here.

rlarkin

Who willing to help Dave at CET color to get perfect machine? Guinea pig? Those people hurting going to lost client and waste money and materials.

I surely wasn't a Guinea pig and if you actually read my post i sympathized with the clients having issues...it is unfortunate. I was just stating my experience and that fact that CET seems to be addressing the issues. I have let down customers before as well as I am sure you have but my goal is to build relationships and make things right as I feel CET is doing as well.

rlarkin

An update with the resolution would reinforce your positive experience. The silence seems deafening.

Have you ever thought the customer and CET are working out the issues or do you feel they need to report all their communication back to the forum? SMH

LowenCertified

This is probably the case Robert. But it seems odd to have a customer make a problem public then to have the CEO publicly defend it and then to say nothing further.

Letting the public know about the resolution and the efforts they went to resolve the problem would only be good for CET you would have thought.

Hopefully it is resolved and everyone is happy. In life its not about being perfect, its about the actions you take when you're not.

Notice the CEO hasn't made any comment regarding Lowen's experience with CET. We purchased our CET machine for a specific high volume rigid sign product. After months of working with David Cich, CET management and engineers we finally decided that the machine would not perform to the specifications we had both contractually agreed upon. Lowen asked for their money back. Instead CET offered a new printer. Unfortunately, the same engineering limitations we had with the original printer had not been resolved, thus our technical group declined the offer and again asked for our money back with a return of the printer to CET. Thus began the run around with multiple offers from CET, none of them allowing us to return an obviously defective printer for a full refund.

At this point we were left with little choice but litigation to compensate us for our losses. Like many others posting in this thread our actual loss is much greater than the six figure cost of the printer. Countless man hours from our production and technical teams not to mention legal fees, travel, and other expenses have made this a costly ordeal. CET has had many opportunities to step up and make this right but have decided to ignore the facts and refuse our reasonable request for refund and return.

Thus we will continue to share our experience with CET with the hope that others learn and come to their own conclusions regarding CET's integrity and quality.

As noted previously we will share any technical details. Just send us a PM.

HulkSmash

Notice the CEO hasn't made any comment regarding Lowen's experience with CET. We purchased our CET machine for a specific high volume rigid sign product. After months of working with David Cich, CET management and engineers we finally decided that the machine would not perform to the specifications we had both contractually agreed upon. Lowen asked for their money back. Instead CET offered a new printer. Unfortunately, the same engineering limitations we had with the original printer had not been resolved, thus our technical group declined the offer and again asked for our money back with a return of the printer to CET. Thus began the run around with multiple offers from CET, none of them allowing us to return an obviously defective printer for a full refund.

At this point we were left with little choice but litigation to compensate us for our losses. Like many others posting in this thread our actual loss is much greater than the six figure cost of the printer. Countless man hours from our production and technical teams not to mention legal fees, travel, and other expenses have made this a costly ordeal. CET has had many opportunities to step up and make this right but have decided to ignore the facts and refuse our reasonable request for refund and return.

Thus we will continue to share our experience with CET with the hope that others learn and come to their own conclusions regarding CET's integrity and quality.

As noted previously we will share any technical details. Just send us a PM.

It's ok, just sell like 800 more semi wraps at your awesome prices and it'll pay for your 120k machine

jasonx

Have you ever thought the customer and CET are working out the issues or do you feel they need to report all their communication back to the forum? SMH

My reply to Robert clearly states what I 'feel'.