• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET Flatbed Printer Electrical Issues

aaronmgd

Guys, Sorry that I have not posted in some time. I know some of you were waiting patiently to hear what happened with the meeting we had with Dave. I was out of the office for a couple of days and when I got back I was swamped with catching up on my work load.

On August 10th Dave came by to see us and talk. While he was here he took the time to really analyze what was going on and sat with us for a decent amount of time and really heard us out. On August 16th Dave sent us a resolution. We worked out an agreement with CET that takes care of our problem short/long term and satisfied us. I unfortunately cannot discuss the confidential details of the resolution as per our agreement. I can say that all of our concerns/needs were addressed with satisfaction.

As per the X-Press 500. It is currently operational and running. We are running the lamps as we used to (Left switch being Low and right being high).

I will keep you guys updated with the status of our printer every once in a while.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who pitched in and those that "felt" for us. We got an unbelievable response from this forum and it was really unbelievable to see strangers pitching in and trying to help someone they dont know. Thank You all very very much.

Aaron

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
We have owned a variety of digital printing equipment over the years. I agree that all machines will have issues, and that it is all about the support and help you get through those problems. In the flatbed arena, we have owned a Fujifilm and an Oce machine. Night and day experiences. Buy Fujifilm.

davecich

follow up

All,
I wanted to take a moment and post again. It has been 120 days since two of mycustomers, Mike and Aaron, posted about issues they had with my printer. I immediately got on an airplane and met faceto face with them to get an understanding of their frustrations firsthand. Although the issues appeared similar, theywere in fact quite different, with different causes. What was the same was the frustration theyshared.
I am proud to say that both customers are happy with their printerstoday, and the solutions behind them.
I will admit as we have grown, it has been a strugglesometimes to keep up with the growth. I believeone of the values of Signs 101 is to allow a forum to communicate, good and bad. I respectfullydisagree with the criticism about how I should be too busy to read thisforum. My belief is the day I am toobusy to listen to my customers, is the day I need to sell the company orretire.
I am also proud to report we have over 300 machines placed in North America. Our commitment is to make all sure all of ourcustomers have a positive, profitable experience. We are not perfect, but strive to be.
I wish everyone a successful 2014. If anyone ever needs to speak directly withme, please call 404-505-1890.
Dave

aaronmgd

All,
I wanted to take a moment and post again. It has been 120 days since two of mycustomers, Mike and Aaron, posted about issues they had with my printer. I immediately got on an airplane and met faceto face with them to get an understanding of their frustrations firsthand. Although the issues appeared similar, theywere in fact quite different, with different causes. What was the same was the frustration theyshared.
I am proud to say that both customers are happy with their printerstoday, and the solutions behind them.
I will admit as we have grown, it has been a strugglesometimes to keep up with the growth. I believeone of the values of Signs 101 is to allow a forum to communicate, good and bad. I respectfullydisagree with the criticism about how I should be too busy to read thisforum. My belief is the day I am toobusy to listen to my customers, is the day I need to sell the company orretire.
I am also proud to report we have over 300 machines placed in North America. Our commitment is to make all sure all of ourcustomers have a positive, profitable experience. We are not perfect, but strive to be.
I wish everyone a successful 2014. If anyone ever needs to speak directly withme, please call 404-505-1890.
Dave

Dave,
Aaron here. I want to thank you on this forum for everything you did to correct the issues we had. Since resolving the issue 3 moths ago I must say that we are very pleased with the printer and its performance. The machine has been printing flawlessly.
Aaron

rjssigns

I'm curious as to what the actual fix was. Line voltage transformer? Separate component feeds? Isolating wiring? What?????? Inquiring minds want to know.

I understand some terms of a contract can't be divulged, but was the fix that top secret?

davecich

I'm curious as to what the actual fix was. Line voltage transformer? Separate component feeds? Isolating wiring? What?????? Inquiring minds want to know.

I understand some terms of a contract can't be divulged, but was the fix that top secret?

Not top secret at all, just hard to type it out. It was totally different between the two machines. Mike's was primarily a cable issue, as well as poor training, Aarons machine got wet in transit, and we could never get it permanently stabilized no matter how hard we tried. Call me and I would be more than happy to give you the details.

Letterbox Mike

Dave,
Aaron here. I want to thank you on this forum for everything you did to correct the issues we had. Since resolving the issue 3 moths ago I must say that we are very pleased with the printer and its performance. The machine has been printing flawlessly.
Aaron

I'll echo everything Aaron said. We experienced a very frustrating year or so, but in the end we've been made whole and have a machine that is printing perfectly and finally making us money. I obviously wish we didn't have to go through what we did, and I know Dave wishes the same, but it is what it is. I bought the CET printer sight unseen based heavily on other users assuring me that they stand behind their product, and I am confident we made the right decision.

Thanks again Dave!

TXFB.INS

Not top secret at all, just hard to type it out. It was totally different between the two machines. Mike's was primarily a cable issue, as well as poor training, Aarons machine got wet in transit, and we could never get it permanently stabilized no matter how hard we tried. Call me and I would be more than happy to give you the details.

it is always good to hear vendors stand behind their products and get results that are happy for all parties.

how does a machine get wet in transit? surely they are in a box and also in a trailer

davecich

When a customer does not have a loading dock, it generally is shipped on a flatbed truck. Unfortunately, in Aaron's case, it had a huge hole in the tarp that developed in transit. After it got wet, due to circumstances, all tried to make it work. In a nutshell, it didn't.

rjssigns

Thank you for your prompt response. While I appreciate the offer to talk, I won't take up your time to satisfy my curiosity.

I asked because of the equipment I used to build. Some would qualify right away and not have another issue in the field, while others would have you ready to scrap them then quit your job.

coldfiresigns

Cet Q1000

We have had our CET for one year now. Although our experience has not gone without issues. We have had nothing but positive responses and resolution from CET. Overall we are very happy with our decision to go with CET. We have been happy with the overall performance and reliability of the machine. Dave and crew have been great to work with.

-Chris