• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X5 and Win7 64bit?

NSchlee

I've been using CorelDraw since V2, bought a new Dell Workstation with Win 7 64 bit and 6 mb ram, installed X5 and it crashes everytime I try to use it (X5 PP too), sometimes within a minute or two. I see alot of users are having this problem. Tons of complaints on the Corel Forum, no real fixes though. Although many users find it runs just fine. The only way to see if it will work is give it a try.
I've reverted back to X4, it runs ok on the Win 7 64 bit machine.

NSchlee

WildWestDesigns

Anyone running this configuration and is it stable? Thinking of upgrading my OS.

Thanks in advance.

How are you upgrading? Are you taking a computer with an older OS and putting Win 7 on it or are you buying a new computer with Win 7?

I have never had luck with doing the former on anything. It doesn't matter if I did it(and I'm not a neophyte when it comes to this) or if I hire a so-called professional to do it.

Now as to how stable Coral is on Win 7, I can't answer that as I only use Adobe and they seem to be stable based on my experience(the ones included in the Master Suite).

SignManiac

It's looking like my best bet is to buy a new work station from what I've found out so far. Needs me some more ram!

WildWestDesigns

It's looking like my best bet is to buy a new work station from what I've found out so far. Needs me some more ram!

That's what I would suggst if you are wanting the new OS(which I really like Windows 7). I've just had no success with upgrading an older computer with a newer OS. Big thing is that some features that I liked with the old system didn't translate, so I lost those functions.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I am running X5 under win7 64bit.

After 2 service patches it is still not as stable as X3 for me.

wayne k
guam usa

jigsaw

Run X5 & 64bit 7, 4g ram works ok but sometimes takes a long time to save stuff and if you get to impatient and mouse click x5 crashes.

Replicator

Never had a problem, works great !

Attachments

• x5.jpg
    x5.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 134
I'm running x5 on a laptop with win 7 64bit 4gb, and I have had no problems what-so ever. Maybe it has more to do with the processor? Mine is an intel i5

It outperforms my desktops to the point that I use the laptop exclusively now. I use both draw and pp have had no problems designing large wraps and using 3rd party plugins.

Red Earth

We are running win 7 pro with X5.... It's very unstable for us too! Good to see I am not the only one either. We can't get all the Cd's to load properly... and no help from Corel, which surprised me!

X3 runs fine we have been a user since version 9 with no complaints.

I'm sure they will get the bugs worked out soon.... Should I say hopeful!

PJ

jiarby

I removed x5 from my Win7x64 box.... kept locking up but x4 seems stable. Have not tried sinde SP2 came out. I think I will sit out x5 and wait to see what is next.

Joe Diaz

At home I have X5 on Win7 64bit and it works much better then it does at work where I still have vista 64. I'm in the process of backing up my files so I can install win 7 there too.

smdgrfx

Works fine for me. Win7 pro 64 bit. older Intel Q9550 desktop and a newer desktop i7/950. Both work fine. Have you set the ram usage? Do you have enough ram? If you are using Win7 on a older machine with not enough horsepower, it's going to lock up (what people are describing). Also works on my laptop/i7 - Win7 64 bit no problem, and a Win7 ultimate 32 bit, and a Vista Ultimate 64 bit. None of my machines are more than 2 years old and all have at least 4gb ram. All multi-core processors.

Last edited:

TwoNine

Only had one problem running this config - but I think it was more of a freak case than the norm. Had to remove, and them reinstall the dimension_core.dll files. I only had this problem though when doing an 16 page @ 11" x 17" set of proofs with A LOT of raster information.

Otherwise I have had no other difficulties...