• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer left large deposit, went MIA

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
There are two totally different issues here. First you have $1500 that is owed to a customer for service you may provide. That should either sit on your books as a credit, refunded, or be given to the unclaimed property department in your state.

Second is a customer with a questionable moral code (according to the news) that you don’t want to do business with anymore. That’s fine, choose not to do business with them. Refund their money.

The fact that some news is out there about someone shouldn’t sway how you handle the $1500 entrusted to you. That money should be treated the same way you would treat it if a school or a nonprofit gave it to you.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Kind of off subject but a customer came in yesterday and had been doing landscaping with an older man in his 80's. The old man was making odd comments to the young worker (in his 20's). The young man let it go. He came back again and the old man had his balls hanging out of his shorts and was rubbing the back of the young man and made some kind of comment about going in the house. The young man left for the day and looked him up on ccap. The old man was a convicted pedophile so he ended the working relationship due to his conduct, he was scared. Of course I had to tell him if he had gone in and accepted a drink he may have ended up chained in this weirdo's basement!

Point being, you can work with the outcasts of society but just make sure you are always in a safe situation. And don't accept open beverages from strangers LOL

gnubler

Agree with Firesprint above. My big dilemma was do I want to keep working with this person or not based on the criminal situation, and I intended to offer a refund if they ever came back.
They did come back, I did some pondering and decided "innocent until proven guilty" is the right way to approach it. Not his fault that the local paper is now tabloid trash by publishing private matters with all the sordid details.
I'm no fan of frivolous lawsuits, but I'd support a case if he sued the paper for defamation.